Medical Transcriptionist - Administrative Assistant
JOB POSTING #: 2023-0449
POSTING PERIOD: Wednesday, November 8, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Wednesday, November 15, 2023 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Huron Lodge
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: 543382
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $26.70 to $31.37 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No.
Reporting to the Director of Care or designate, this position will be responsible to maintain medical transcription records of the Medical Director for the residents of Huron Lodge. Will be responsible for providing administrative support to nursing administration to maintain the effective and efficient functioning of the division. Working in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment responsible to provide timely, accurate comprehensive medical transcriptions of resident medical records for the Medical Director of the home demonstrating knowledge of associated medical terminology, pathological conditions, clinical tests, surgical procedures, laboratory procedures, pharmacology and abbreviations. Responsible to provide administrative support to the Director of Care and designates. Duties include taking and distributing meeting minutes, booking meetings, coordinating meetings agendas, booking interviews, coordinating staff attendance-at-work and performance appraisal meetings, filing, faxing, answering telephone inquiries, maintaining records and relevant staff utilization database information, providing clerical support for special nursing projects. Duties also include creating databases, spreadsheets, reports, graphs and charts and adhering to accepted standards of personal conduct. Must maintain and foster confidentiality in all aspects of written and verbal communication. Must maintain excellent and amiable relations with residents, families, community agencies, public and staff at all levels. Duties as assigned under Emergency Preparedness Plan. All Influenza vaccine/outbreak protocols must be followed on a yearly basis. Attend all mandatory in-service training. Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program. Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have a two (2) year post-secondary Diploma from a Community College in Office Administration-Medical or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalencies;
- Must have over six (6) months of experience in an administrative support capacity in a long-term care hospital or human services care setting;
- Must have experience in a computerized office environment using the Microsoft Office Suite of Products including Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint;
- Must have a minimum typing speed of 50 wpm;
- Must be able to transcribe information from Dictaphone equipment;
- Must be able to complete assigned duties with minimum supervision;
- Must have a pleasant, courteous and professional telephone manner;
- Must have demonstrated excellence in interpersonal and communication skills;
- Must be patient, respectful and gentle in dealing with the elderly and must maintain good relations with residents, staff and the general public;
- Must have excellent organizational skills and strong initiative;
- Must have demonstrated excellence and a working knowledge of English grammar, spelling and punctuation;
- Should have knowledge of the Ontario Health and Safety Act, its regulations and knowledge of the hazards associated with work;
- Experience with Human Resources computerized tracking systems for retrieval of employee data to support attendance management, performance appraisal and WSIB management systems will be considered an asset;
- Proven commitment to ongoing professional development is an asset;
- Additional language skills will be considered an asset;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a light level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.