Engineer III - Design Standards Lead
JOB POSTING #: 2023-0206
POSTING PERIOD: Friday, May 19, 2023 at 8:30AM to Thursday, May 25, 2023 at 4:30PM
JOB CODE: NU0660
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $101,102.66 – $122,891.44 Annually
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
Reporting to the Manager of Design, this position is responsible for the interests of the Office of the Commissioner of Infrastructure Services and facilitates infrastructure projects, while protecting the existing infrastructure, the environment, the general public and the interests of the City of Windsor. This position will assume the lead role with respect to complying with the Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks’ (MECP), and Consolidated Linear Infrastructure (CLI) process for the City of Windsor. This position is responsible for sewer design reviews, document tracking and compliance reporting under the CLI for all infrastructure within the City. This position is also responsible for the overall delivery of major infrastructure projects, design and project administration as well as ensuring that engineering designs comply with municipal and provincial standards. Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program. Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have a University degree in Engineering (Civil, Environmental or related), or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency, and a minimum of six (6) years progressively responsible engineering experience, preferably in a municipal environment;
- Must be licensed by the Professional Engineers of Ontario;
- Must have the ability to travel to off site locations in a timely and expedient manner as required. If method of travel is by vehicle, a current valid and lawful Driver’s Licence is required in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act and must provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment.
- Must be familiar with and have working knowledge of Federal, Provincial and Municipal statutes and By-Laws pertaining to the design and construction of municipal services, including the Local Improvement Act, the Municipal Act, the Construction Lien Act, the Drainage Act, the Environmental Assessment Act, the Endangered Species Act, and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
- Must have proven communication, analytical, interpersonal, supervisory skills, as well as the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with City representatives, other agencies and the general public;
- Should have knowledge of the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act, its regulations and knowledge of the hazards associated with the work;
- Will be required to complete and remain current the requirements of the Corporation’s Management Certificate Program;
- Progression through the Art of Supervision Program Certificate or a supervisory program of a similar nature is considered and asset;
- Given that this job is a new position a Physical Demands analysis will be completed with the incumbent after approximately six months of occupying the position.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.