Traffic/Streetlight Infrastructure Location Technician
JOB POSTING #: 2022-0368
POSTING PERIOD: Friday, September 23rd, 2022 at 8:30AM to Thursday, September 29th, 2022 at 4:30PM
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: 543585
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1 TFT
RATE OF PAY: $27.46 – $32.27 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
- Reporting to the Manager of Traffic Operations, or designate(s), this position will provide field verification of traffic access points, conduit locations, fibre optics, and streetlight and underground electrical supply line locations and depths for construction or construction-related problems.
- Provide verification of location (horizontal and vertical) of traffic and street lighting infrastructure in the right of way;
- Record location of traffic manholes using a hand held GPS;
- Record any variations in the digital traffic records;
- Assist Signals Electrician with cable and flat line installation;
- Manipulate and plot digital files using AutoCAD software;
- Conduct assessment of traffic and streetlight infrastructure using a hand held application.
- Assist Signal or Signs and Markings Staff with Traffic Control.
- Will enter confined spaces for visual observations.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency;
- Must have over one (1) year of Construction experience in inspection, surveying and construction material testing in a municipal environment;
- Must hold and maintain a current, valid and lawful Class ‘G’ Driver’s Licence in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act, for the purposes of operating a City of Windsor vehicle and must provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment;
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in underground sewer or utility location;
- Completion of courses sponsored by the Ontario Ministry of Skills Development (Total Station Surveying, AutoCAD) will be considered an asset;
- Given that this job is a new position a Physical Demands analysis will be completed with the incumbent after approximately six months of occupying the position.
- All City of Windsor employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment in accordance with the City’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.