JOB POSTING #: 2022-0370
POSTING PERIOD: Thursday, October 27, 2022 at 8:30 AM to Wednesday, November 2, 2022 at 4:30 PM.
DEPARTMENT: Recreation & Culture
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: 543162
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $22.03 to $25.93 per hour.
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No.
- Reporting to the Manager of Administration or designate, this position will provide secretarial assistance to the Marketing and Community Liaison Officer and handle accounting and bookkeeping functions for the department. Duties include:
- Preparing, processing, proof-reading and distributing public service announcements and new releases, including posting to the web using FrontPage;
- Word processing, copying and filing of communication/correspondence;
- Preparing and maintaining up to date media mailing lists, church mailing lists and other targeted audience mailing lists as required by marketing and recreation centres; handling telephone inquiries and complaints;
- Assisting with special events coordination, including responding to political inquiries regarding the events and managing RSVP files;
- Maintaining up-to-date lists of sculptures in Windsor Sculpture Garden, copyright agreements, legal agreements and correspondence with donors;
- Proofing copy before professionally typesetting; processing of receipts using QSI/RAS, including analyzing any discrepancies and imbalances, checking the mathematical accuracy and balance of reports and deposit slips, trouble shooting, liaising with centers and facilities and Corporate Services regarding transaction transfers;
- Handling and input of payroll such as absences and analyzing and reconciling vacation usage versus credits using PeopleSoft;
- Processing of accounting entries using mainframe corporate systems;
- Maintaining amiable relations with the public and fellow staff.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency;
- Must have over six (6) months of experience in a computerized accounting/office environment utilizing the Microsoft Office Suite of Products such as Word and Excel;
- Must have a minimum typing speed of 40 wpm;
- Must have proven oral and written communication skills;
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with minimum supervision;
- Accounting and/or financial background would be considered an asset;
- Previous experience working with corporate applications such as Accounts Receivable, QSI-RAS, FrontPage, People Soft, ActiveNet, and Internet systems considered an definite asset.
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a sedentary level of work.
- All City of Windsor employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment in accordance with the City’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.