JOB POSTING #: 2023-0373 AMENDED
POSTING PERIOD: Tuesday, September 26, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Wednesday, October 4, 2023 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Windsor Public Library
JOB CODE: WPL020
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Part-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 6
RATE OF PAY: $16.55 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQU'D: Yes
Reporting to the Manger of Public Services through the Page Supervisor, this position will require the successful candidate to be able to sort and return library materials to the shelves, keep library materials in the correct order and evenly distributed on the shelves and ensure reading, play, and study areas are kept tidy. Will assist with the emptying of the book drop. Will shift and organize library material. Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation's Health & Safety Program. Will perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must have precision and accuracy skills
- Must be able to work with the public and staff in a pleasant manner
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Must possess strong organizational skills
- Must adhere to WPL Policies and Procedures including the staff code of conduct
- Fluency in a second language is considered an asset.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act. c. 25 as amended and will be used to determine eligibility for employment
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act.2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities, If selected to participate in the recruitment selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes to ensure your equal participation.