Transportation Planning Coordinator
JOB POSTING #: 2023-0346
POSTING PERIOD: Thursday, August 24, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Wednesday, August 30, 2023 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Transportation Planning
JOB CODE: NU0590
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $68,693.51 - $83,497.98 per year
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
Reporting to the Transportation Planning Senior Engineer, for a variety of engineering assignments relative, but not limited to the technical work associated with the Transportation Planning area; subject to the requirements of the Professional Engineers Act in the practice of professional engineering. Responsible for various engineering assignments, which involve the technical design and preparation specifications, cost estimates and tender documents, and the administration of contracts for the construction of cycling, pedestrians and parking infrastructure and related assignments including the ability to read and interpret policy and procedure manuals, engineering and technical journals, contracts design specifications, reports and legal documents. Write technical and planning reports including reports to Committees and Council. Undertaking traffic studies, results consolidation, analysis and database maintenance necessary for the review of traffic concerns and traffic calming projects. Team participation and support in the undertaking of Municipal Class Environmental Assessments including the ability to participate in public meetings. Maintain the Collision Database (Access format) including the provision of reports and data for various reviews. Use of analytical, organizational and problem solving skills in order to manage assigned transportation projects, work independently and prioritize work to be completed. Use human relations, negotiation and communication skills in order to negotiate with the development community, conduct public meetings, as well as gain the support, commitment and cooperation of other municipal staff in achieving objectives and to participate as an effective team member. Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program. Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have a University degree in Engineering (Civil, Transportation or related), or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency and a minimum of one (1) year engineering experience, preferably in transportation planning;
- Must be registered in the “Engineer in Training Program” with the Professional Engineers of Ontario;
- Must have the ability to travel to off-site locations in a timely and expedient manner as required. If method of travel is by vehicle, a current valid Ontario Driver’s Licence is required in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act and must provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment;
- Must have knowledge of active transportation as well as transportation engineering, planning modeling impact analysis, demand forecasting, system evaluation and long range transportation;
- Must have computer skills using MS Office and Database management;
- Must have proven communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with City representatives, other agencies and the general public;
- Must have knowledge of the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act, its regulations and knowledge of the hazards associated with the work;
- Education specializing in Transportation Engineering will be considered an asset;
- Supervisory skills would be considered an asset;
- Experience with Geographic Information System (GIS) software, AutoCAD, and familiarity with computerized transportation models considered an asset;
- Knowledge of network assessment, analytical modeling, research techniques and methodologies considered an asset;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a light level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.