Special Projects Coordinator
JOB POSTING #: 2023-0453
POSTING PERIOD: Friday, November 17, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Thursday, November 23, 2023 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Employment & Social Services
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: 543526
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 2
RATE OF PAY: $30.91 to $36.33
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No.
- Reporting to the Coordinator, Quality Assurance and Program Support or designate, this position will be responsible for delivering and implementing Employment initiatives in the Windsor-Sarnia Service area.
- Will be required to network, consult and proactively develop/maintain working relationships with representatives from all three levels of government and related employment community partners/stakeholders.
- Will facilitate and conduct consultation sessions with staff, public, community groups and related stakeholders.
- Will coordinate, implement, monitor and evaluate the Integrated Employment Services Service Providers and other programs and initiatives as required.
- Prepares service or other agreements/contracts, reviews and processes claims, reports, briefing notes, background materials, speaking and presentation material and council reports.
- Conducts research and provides input into programs.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma plus two (2) years of post-secondary education in the Social Services or Business field from a Community College or University or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency;
- Must have over three (3) years of work experience in community development/government program delivery;
- Must have the ability to travel to off-site locations in a timely and expedient manner as required. If method of travel is by vehicle, a current, valid and lawful Driver’s Licence is required in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act and must provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment;
- Must have demonstrated planning, organizational and implementation skills;
- Must have experience using the Microsoft Office Suite of Products such as Word, Outlook and PowerPoint;
- Must be proficient and possess excellent written, analytical and oral communication skills;
- Must have the ability to interpret data, legislation, program material and analyze issues;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a sedentary level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.