JOB POSTING #: 2023-0283
POSTING PERIOD: Monday, July 10, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Friday, July 14, 2023 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Huron Lodge
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: 543191
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 2
HOURS OF WORK: 40
RATE OF PAY: $26.70 - $31.37 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: Yes
Reporting to the Manager of Nutrition & Dietary Services or designate, this position will be responsible for preparation, cooking, distribution and serving of meals for residents, public and staff, nourishments and special functions; coordinates the activities of Kitchen staff with regards to food preparation and distribution, dishwashing and other duties. Responsible for staffing/scheduling needs in the absence of the Supervisor or designate inclusive of all documentation as required. Must be an active representative for the Dietary Division on committees to enhance the quality of life of residents and services of Huron Lodge. Will be an active participator in effectively dealing with resident and family concerns i.e. Menu items, likes/dislikes etc. Is responsible for following resident data production, inventory and mandated data. Must ensure that all quality assurance data is completed and documented. Inventory, ordering, menu development and ability to manipulate recipes and special diets, the ability to multi-task within a production environment producing quality food products are all mandatory functions of this position. Must keep work area and equipment clean and sanitized; ensure that special diet recommendations are followed and all needed products are prepared and served. Must maintain high standards and optimum quality of food products and work environment throughout the Dietary Division; Must adhere to prescribed Ministry Standards and Huron Lodge Policies & Procedures and must complete documentation as per Ministry of Health, Ministry of Long Term Care and per Huron Lodge Policies & Procedures; communicates in a respectful manner; maintain amiable relations with residents, the public and fellow staff; Duties as assigned under Emergency Preparedness Plan; attend all mandatory in-service training. Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program. Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma combined with one (1) year of post-secondary education in Culinary Management from a Community College, or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency;
- Must have over one (1) year of experience in institutional, dietetic and quantity cooking;
- Must have and maintain ‘Journey-person Cook’ status with Inter-Provincial Red Seal Certification;
- Must have a Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care Food Handlers Certificate from the Windsor-Essex County Health Unit with applicable renewals maintained every five (5) years;
- Must possess excellent written, verbal and communication skills;
- Knowledge of Hazard Analysis of Critical Control Points (HACCP) is required;
- Previous experience with the elderly is desirable;
- Completion of a Food Service Worker Certificate considered an asset.
- Successful completion of any gerontological course and experience working in the hospitality industry will be considered an asset;
- Computer skills will be considered an asset;
- Will be required to complete Respirator Fit Testing every two years while working at the Huron Lodge worksite.
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a medium level of work.
- Must complete a post-offer agility test in an effort to assist the successful candidate in completing the position tasks safely and to aid in minimizing injuries on the job
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation