JOB POSTING #: 2023-0108
JOB POSTING PERIOD: Monday, March 27, 2023 8:30 AM to Friday, March 31, 2023 at 4:30 PM
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: 543143
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $26.37 to $30.98 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQUIRED: No
- Reporting to the Fleet Manager, this position will be responsible for all aspects of fleet accounting, statistics, data entry and management information systems including system administration and documentation, ongoing development, maintenance, and monitoring of the computerized Fleet Management System and related specialized equipment/system/interfaces.
- Train staff in the use of the Fleet Management System and related specialized equipment. Develop reports using the Fleet Management System and Crystal Reports software.
- Research and implement software upgrades and software modules.
- Recommend improvements to business practices using the Fleet Management System.
- Assist in performing cost/benefit analysis.
- Collect and enter data into the computerized Fleet Management System as well as into spreadsheets and database software related to fleet operations and inventory management and provide computer reports on a cyclical and ad hoc basis.
- Maintain equipment costs, vehicle licensing, and insurance.
- Summarize vehicle capitalization costs and calculate depreciation schedules.
- Calculate rental rates for approvals.
- Enter/delete, troubleshoot/correct fleet information and costs.
- Process motor vehicle accident reports and produce statistics.
- Monitor invoices for proper account expensing.
- Invoice other divisions, departments, and the public for services rendered.
- Liaise with Information Technology, suppliers and software vendors.
- Travel to Service Ontario to obtain license updates for fleet vehicles.
- Maintain amiable relations with customers, the public and fellow staff.
- Filing, recording, and making adjustments as required.
- May be required to handle cheques or cash.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma plus one (1) year of post-secondary education in Accounting from a Community College or University or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalencies;
- Must have over six (6) months of relevant work experience in a computerized accounting environment;
- Must hold and maintain a current valid and lawful Class 'G' Driver's Licence in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act, for the purposes of operating a City of Windsor vehicle and provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment;
- Must be proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite of Products, particularly Excel, Word, and Outlook, and in the use of relational databases and report generation software;
- Must have excellent keyboarding skills;
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and in teams;
- Must possess problem solving and analytical skills;
- Must be bondable;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required;
- Knowledge of fleet cost accounting, operations, and budget concepts will be considered an asset;
- Experience in the use of Crystal Reports and FleetFocus will be considered an asset;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a limited / sedentary level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.