JOB POSTING #: 2022-0455
POSTING PERIOD: Friday, November 25, 2022 at 8:30 AM to Wednesday, January 18, 2023 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Recreation & Culture
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: REC029
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Part-Time Recreational
# OF POSITIONS: Various
GRADE/CLASS: 003 - Salary Schedule - E1
RATE OF PAY: $17.76 (2023 Rate)
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: Yes.
- Under the direction of the Assistant Manager WIATC/Adventure Bay and Recreation Business Development or Supervisor of Community Programming or designate as appropriate, will assist in the day-to-day operations of the facility,
- Will be responsible to monitor the office and building, handle registrations and rental including alcohol rentals, inquiries and overall building operations;
- Responsible to process cash and financial instruments on a daily basis.
- Will monitor the building seasonally for operations, e.g. snow shovelling, etc.
- Ensure a safe and clean environment and performs required duties including maintenance of washrooms, all program rooms, hallways and lobby.
- Will be responsible to set up and take down of programme and/or rental equipment.
- Handle immediate first aid or emergency situations and inform Supervisor immediately of any serious incidents (incident report).
- Will schedule staff in emergency situations as required.
- Will be responsible for safety and security of building, equipment, staff and customers while on duty.
- Maintain excellent customer service and public relations at all times.
- Handle minor staff issues and inform Supervisor of any staff issues.
- Perform Occupational Health and Safety duties as outlined in the Corporate Health and Safety Program.
- Perform general office duties and any other duties as assigned.
- Must be a minimum of 16 years of age at time of employment;
- Must have completed an Ontario Secondary School Grade 10 education or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency;
- Must have up to (3) months experience in a recreation/cultural setting.
- Must hold and maintain a current Standard First Aid, CPR Basic Rescuer (Level C) and Automated External Defibrillator A.E.D. certificate(s) for the full term of employment.
- Must be available to work weekends, evenings, and statutory holidays if required.
- Previous customer service training considered an asset.
- Smart Serve training considered an asset.
- Experience working with computer programs such as MS WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT, and CLASS will be considered an asset.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
- We offer a smoke-free office environment.
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.