Order of Business Coordinator
JOB POSTING #: 2023-0135
POSTING PERIOD: Tuesday, April 4, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Wednesday, April 12, 2023
DEPARTMENT: Council Services
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: 543024
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $26.37 to $30.98 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No.
- Reporting to the Supervisor of Council Services, this position will be responsible for the preparation of the Order of Business for City Council meetings; Preparation of by-laws, schedules, council questions, reports, minutes, communication package for Council meetings and forwards for signature and distributes as required.
- Prepares committee reports for Standing Committee Meetings as required;
- Ensures that notification requirements are properly adhered to and issued for Council and Standing Committee reports;
- Processes by-laws; operates office equipment, compiles meeting statistics, provides counter and telephone service in answering inquiries;
- Researches information on by-laws; records by-law amendments and assigns by-law numbers. Prepare and distributes Council Agendas.
- Loads and assists with the delivery of Council cart for Council meetings.
- Ensures by-law amendments are indexed electronically.
- Processes and prepares proclamations/flag raising/City Hall Building Illumination applications in accordance with current Council policies and coordinates same.
- General office duties as assigned.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency;
- Must have over one (1) year of experience in a computerized office environment utilizing Microsoft Suite of Products (i.e. Word, Outlook);
- Must have a minimum typing speed of 50 wpm;
- Must have excellent proofreading skills;
- Must be able to work without detailed direction or close supervision and have the ability to interpret written instructions;
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and have the ability to communicate with difficult customers;
- Familiarity with committee, board and commission processes will be considered an asset;
- Experience with records management systems will be considered an asset;
- Experience in a municipal setting is considered an asset;
- Experience using Live Link, Agenda.Net, and updating a website is considered an asset;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a light to medium level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.