Customer Service Representative
JOB POSTING #: 2022-0475
POSTING PERIOD: Monday, December 12, 2022 at 8:30 AM to December 16, 2022 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Planning & Building Services
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: 543015
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 2
RATE OF PAY: $29.06 – $34.16 per hour
POSITION #: 00000015; 00005395
SHIFT WORK REQUIRED: No
HOURS OF WORK: 33.75
- Reporting to the Manager of Policy and Regulatory Services/Deputy CBO, or designate, this position will be responsible for receiving and processing permit applications and supporting documentation.
- Reviews applications supporting documentation and construction plans to ensure sufficient details are provided and are in compliance with all regulations, by-laws, and agreements.
- Ensures application bonds and letters of credit have been paid.
- Calculates permit fees for payment to the Cashier.
- Researches property history as necessary.
- Provides general information to the public related to zoning by-laws and other by-laws enforced by the Building Department.
- Communicates with public and fellow staff members in a tactful and courteous manner.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma plus two (2) years of post-secondary training from a Community College or University in a Civil Engineering Technology, Architectural Engineering Technology, Construction Engineering Technician, Business Management, Business Administration, Paralegal or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalencies;
- Must have over one (1) year of experience in a computerized office environment.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret construction drawings, plans, surveys, legal descriptions, and agreements related to property;
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Must be capable of working with the public in an efficient, helpful and tactful manner;
- Working knowledge of construction related legislation: Building Code Act, Ontario Building Code, Planning Act; applicable policy and industry standards, zoning principles and interpretation methodology considered an asset;
- Experience with by-laws (such as zoning criteria by-laws enforced by the department), reading drawings, calculating figures, and proficiency in development application processes and construction terminology and procedures and related matters considered an asset;
- Prior experience in a customer service based office environment is considered an asset; Experience in construction/skilled trades considered an asset; Certification in General/Legal Process as set out by the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing and the Building Code Act considered an asset;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a limited / sedentary level of work.
- Internal candidates will be granted priority consideration before external applicants as determined by the applicable Collective Agreement eligibility process and/or current Corporate hiring practices.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- We offer a smoke-free office environment.
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.