JOB POSTING #: 2023-0162
POSTING PERIOD: Wednesday, April 26, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Friday, May 12, 2023 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Engineering - Development
JOB CODE: NU0594
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $101,102.66 to $122,891.44 Annually
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
- Reporting to the Manager of Development, this position will be responsible to serve as the engineering program lead for the City’s land development portfolio;
- Responsible for establishing requirements for municipal infrastructure related to all new developments (servicing, stormwater management, subdivisions, rezoning/official plan, Committee of Adjustment, site plan control, condo conversion and community improvement)
- Ensuring availability of municipal services for future growth, negotiating various types of agreements including cost sharing and ensuring compliance with City standards, policies and agreements;
- Will provide ongoing oversight and consistent administration regarding land development applications; responsible to protect the City’s interests as it relates to infrastructure assets while facilitating new developments;
- Reviews existing infrastructure in order to establish the availability of municipal services to support the proposed development;
- Review and approve construction documents including drawings and specifications for the execution of construction; ensure that construction is carried out in accordance with City standards; ensure private developers are in compliance with existing agreements, responding to questions from residents, City Councillors and Council questions,
- As well as tracking financial commitments and expenditures; approve site servicing plans and stormwater detention submittals prior to the execution of construction.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have a University Degree in Engineering or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency and a minimum of six (6) years of experience in project management or technical design;
- Must be licensed by the Professional Engineers of Ontario (P.Eng);
- Should have knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, its regulations and knowledge of the hazards associated with the work.
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a sedentary level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.