Records Management Clerk
JOB POSTING #: 2023-0063
POSTING PERIOD: Monday, February 6, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Friday, February 10, 2023 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
JOB CODE: NU0303
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $47, 611.06 - $57, 872.07 Annually
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
- Reporting to the Manager, Employee Service Centre, this position will be responsible for all divisional filing as assigned.
- Will assign file codes, compile and prepare files for Livelink generated files.
- Filing will include documents from all areas in Human Resources including but not limited to recruitment, administration, benefits, workers compensation, health and safety and employee relations.
- This position will perform all functions of operating a file room including implementation, maintenance, retention, retrieval, purging and coordinator of files as needed.
- The Records Management clerk will interpret, analyze and comply with the Corporations’ File Retention By-Law.
- Will oversee and maintain files located in the main file storage area as well as the employee personnel docket file area.
- Will be required to lift heavy boxes (up to 50 lbs) on a regular basis.
- The Records Management clerk will monitor files by creating and using a tracking system while dispensing and retrieving files to staff.
- Will be required to use discretion for files that are confidential in nature.
- The Records Management clerk will replace the Receptionist for specific periods of time during the day and for vacation/absence replacement.
- Specific responsibilities include answering inquiries from the public; direct inquiries appropriately; receiving applications over the counter and distribute appropriately to division staff; assist individuals in the completion of forms/applications in accordance with departmental policy regulations and provide referral assistance when required; perform typing; filing and mail distribution tasks; accurately record and disseminate confidential information; provide clerical support for staff.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma plus one (1) year of post-secondary courses or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency and a minimum of one (1) year work experience in a computerized office environment, OR
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency and a minimum of two (2) years’ work experience in a computerized office environment, OR
- Must have a College Diploma or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency and up to one (1) year of experience in a computerized office environment.
- Must have the ability to travel to off site locations in a timely and expedient manner as required. If method of travel is by vehicle, a current valid and lawful Driver's Licence is required in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act and must provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment.
- Must have operating knowledge and training in computer systems/programs in Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills with a sound knowledge of general office procedures and excellent organizational abilities.
- Must have the ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Should have knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, its regulations and knowledge of the hazards associated with the work.
- Experience in Livelink electronic filing system would be considered an asset
- Experience in records management and maintaining office filing systems will be considered an asset
- Previous experience in a human resources environment is considered an asset.
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a light level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.