JOB POSTING #: 2024-0020
POSTING PERIOD: Wednesday, January 10, 2024 at 8:30 AM to Tuesday, January 16, 2024 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Parks & Facilities
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: 543085
POSITION STATUS: Regular Part-Time, Temporary Part-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 3
RATE OF PAY: $23.32 - $27.45 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: Yes
- Reporting to a Supervisor, Facilities or designate, this position will perform all necessary cleaning duties in the facilities such as sweeping, mopping, dusting, cleaning washroom facilities, furniture, windows, walls, ceilings, floors, carpet cleaning, vacuuming, cleaning sinks and toilets, air vents, appliances, collect garbage, and replenish paper and chemical supplies.
- Incumbent will be required to write reports for stock, report maintenance and building repair issues.
- Will perform minor repairs as required.
- Will be responsible for minor repairs such as replacement of lights, perform outside duties related to entrances such as snow removal and cleaning, and perform security duties.
- Will assist with furniture moving, set up rooms for special events, strip, wax and polish floors.
- May be required to use a forklift to assist in deliveries and/or garbage bins.
- May be required to use a golf cart to bring garbage to dumpster.
- Incumbent will be required to perform all general tasks associated with the operation of caretaking division, including basic maintenance of all equipment used and keeping it clean.
- Will be required to attend all mandatory in-service training and maintain professional relations with the public and fellow staff.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency;
- Must have up to three (3) months of experience with current cleaning practices, WHMIS, operation and maintenance of cleaning equipment;
- Must hold and maintain a current valid and lawful Class ‘G’ Driver’s License in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act, for the purposes of operating a City of Windsor vehicle and provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment;
- Must be able to complete assigned duties with a minimum of supervision;
- Must maintain good relations with corporate staff and general public;
- Must be willing and able to work any shift;
- General knowledge of operation and maintenance of cleaning equipment is a definite asset;
- Proven commitment to ongoing professional development is considered an asset;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a light to heavy level of work;
- Must complete a post-offer agility test in an effort to assist the successful candidate in completing the position tasks safely and to aid in minimizing injuries on the job.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.