JOB POSTING #: 2023-0314
POSTING PERIOD: Thursday, July 27, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Wednesday, August 2, 2023 at 4:30 PM
JOB CODE: NU0095
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $62,734.44 - $76,253.87 Annually
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
Reporting to the Financial Manager, or designate, the successful applicant will assist in the development, review, presentation and publication of financial information; Assists in the creation, documentation and monitoring of financial controls, policies and procedures; Assists in finance-related workshops and is a liaison for financial inquiries; Will assist in the development of Service Area budgetary and financial information as well as performance measurements and government reporting; Will be requested to provide City-wide financial, analytical assistance in all operating areas supported by the Finance Department; Assists in the research and development of related statistical and graphical reports; Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health & Safety Program; Will perform other related duties as required.
NOTE: Financial Analysts may be re-assigned to specific departments at the discretion of the Managers of the Finance Department and consequently specific duties will vary depending on needs. Financial Analysts should expect to be rotated to accommodate backup requirements and to encourage creativity and corporate financial development.
- Must have a University degree in Accounting or Finance or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency and a minimum of two (2) years of experience in a computerized accounting environment;
- OR Must have a post-secondary school community College diploma in Accounting or Finance or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency and a minimum of four (4) years of experience in a computerized accounting environment;
- OR Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency plus a designation in Accounting (i.e. CPA/CA, CPA/CGA, CPA/CMA or acceptable equivalency as recognized by an applicable regulatory body) and over ten (10) years of experience in a computerized accounting environment;
- Must be able to demonstrate an advanced level of knowledge in Excel;
- Must have extensive working knowledge of Microsoft applications such as Word and PowerPoint;
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent organizational skills;
- Must be able to demonstrate strong and pronounced interpersonal and mediation skills;
- Must be available to work overtime during peak periods;
- Must be highly motivated and creative;
- Should have knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act, its regulations and knowledge of the hazards associated with work;
- High customer service orientation, excellent organization and communication skills and the ability to work well independently and also as part of a team are required;
- A recognized designation in accounting (i.e. CPA/CA, CPA/CGA, CPA/CMA or acceptable equivalency as recognized by applicable regulatory body) along with a University degree or Community college diploma will be considered an asset;
- Experience with PeopleSoft Financials and Amanda will be considered an asset;
- Experience in conducting research, maintaining and reporting comparative statistics as well as developing policies and procedures will be considered an asset;
- Experience in Government reporting, procedure-related Quality Assurance reviews and reporting and experience in high volume/complex database extracting and sorting/organizing is an asset;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a light level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.