Manager, Integrated Employment Services
JOB POSTING #: 2023-0103
POSTING PERIOD: Tuesday, March 7, 2023 at 8:30 a.m. to Tuesday, March 14, 2023 at 4:30 p.m.
DEPARTMENT: Employment & Social Services
JOB CODE: NU0657
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $101,102.66 to $122,891.44 Annually
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
- Reporting to Executive Director, Employment & Social Services or designate, this position will be responsible for the successful delivery of the Service System Manager model in the Windsor-Sarnia catchment area in accordance with local and provincial requirements;
- This position will be responsible for oversight of the contracts with service providers. Responsible to work with individuals, stakeholders and organizations to successfully provide employment services to citizens throughout the catchment area.
- Ability to prioritize requests and information provided by external agencies.
- Actively share information on any program changes or new requirements.
- Responsible for the quality assurance of program delivery) across the catchment area. Responsible for keeping up to date with research in order to ensure that the system is current and evidence- based.
- Responsible to ensure that staff and partner organizations receive required and relevant training.
- Responsible to ensure that policies and procedures are in place as required by local and provincial requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring that program delivery within the confines of the budget and agreements is satisfactory.
- Responsible for effective employee relations within area of assigned responsibility. Conduct interviews, recommend hiring, promotion and discipline of positions within the area of responsibility.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have a University degree in Social Services, Social Work, Public or Business Administration, or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency, and a minimum of four years of experience in project management, strategic planning, crisis intervention, equity & inclusion
- Must have experience at a supervisory or management level;
- Must have knowledge of applicable legislation, policies, procedures;
- Must have proven technical, analytical, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Municipal experience would be considered an asset;
- Should have knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, its regulations and knowledge of the hazards associated with the work;
- Will be required to complete and remain current as per the requirements of the Corporation’s Management Certificate Program;
- Progression through the Art of Supervision Program Certificate or a supervisory program of a similar nature is considered an asset;
- Given that this job is a new position a Physical Demands analysis will be completed with the incumbent after approximately six months of occupying the position.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.