JOB POSTING #: 2022-0436-Amended
POSTING PERIOD: Monday, November 14, 2022 at 8:30 AM to Friday, November 18, 2022 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Huron Lodge
UNION: ONA Local 8
JOB CODE: ONA002
POSITION STATUS: Regular Part-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 4
RATE OF PAY: $33.23 - $47.58 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
- Reporting to the Director of Care or designate, this position will ensure quality care is provided to residents on a 24-hour basis through delegating work of all staff on the unit, in accordance with legislated standards of the Ontario College of Nurses, the Ministry of Health and Huron Lodge Policy Manuals.
- Responsible to ensure that staff work in a safe and healthy manner in accordance with Huron Lodge and Corporate policies and procedures and the Occupational Health & Safety Act and accompanying regulations;
- Duties as assigned under Emergency Preparedness Plan;
- Attend all mandatory-in-service training;
- Maintain professional relations with residents, families, the public and fellow staff;
- All influenza vaccine/outbreak protocols must be followed on a yearly basis.
- Shifts will be rotated as required to meet the needs of the Home.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must hold and maintain a current Certificate of Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Nurse;
- Must have experience in nursing within the last five (5) years;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a medium level of work;
- Must complete a post-offer agility test in an effort to assist the successful candidate in completing the position tasks safely and to aid in minimizing injuries on the job;
- Must communicate with the general public and fellow staff in a courteous and tactful manner;
- Previous experience in the field of geriatrics will be an asset;
- Verification of a current HeartSaver Level A plus current First Aid Certificate will be deemed an asset.
HOURS OF WORK:
07:00 hours – 15:00 hours. (Day Shifts)
15:00 hours – 23:00 hours. (Evening Shifts)
23:00 hours – 07:00 hours. (Night Shifts)
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.