Social Worker (BSW)
JOB POSTING #: 2022-0479
POSTING PERIOD: Monday, December 19, 2022 at 8:30 a.m. to Thursday, January 5, 2023 at 4:30 p.m.
DEPARTMENT: Housing & Children’s Services
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: 543242
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $32.42 to $38.14 per hour.
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No.
- Reporting to the Supervisor, Housing Support, this position will provide professional counselling, crisis intervention and assessments to clients as directed;
- Assess client needs in such areas as seniors issues, Housing with Supports Homes and the emergency shelter program, provide recommendations on case management and referrals to resources;
- Completes in-home assessments and applications for assistance;
- Composes correspondence as required; provide consultation to management and staff in program, case-related matters and serve as a resource person; liaises with community groups and agencies to facilitate departmental and/or client needs;
- Maintains professional relations with clients, the public, and fellow staff;
- Maintains Social Work files on all clients’ actions;.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have a four (4) year, post-secondary school Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalencies;
- Must have over one (1) year of experience in the Social Services field;
- Must be currently registered and maintain registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers as a condition of continued employment in this position;
- Must have the ability to travel to offsite locations in a timely and expedient manner as required. If method of travel is by vehicle, a current, valid and lawful Driver’s Licence will be required in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act and must provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment;
- Must have experience in a computerized office environment utilizing the Microsoft Suite of Products (such as Word, Outlook, etc);
- Training in the Homelessness Individuals and Families Information System (HIFIS) considered an asset
- Must be a mature person who can demonstrate sensitivity to client needs and who has a good knowledge of social service, homelessness and housing programs and related legislation;
- Must have exceptional interpersonal, communication and organizational skills;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a sedentary level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.