Recreation Assistant - Aquatics
JOB POSTING #: 2022-0238
POSTING PERIOD: Friday, September 2, 2022 at 8:30 a.m. to Friday, September 9, 2022 at 4:30 p.m.
DEPARTMENT: Recreation & Culture
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: 543176
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $28.49 to $33.49 per hour.
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
- Reporting to a Supervisor of Community Programming or designate, this position will be responsible for assisting with the complete operation of a swimming pool and community centre.
- The successful applicant will support Community Strategic Plan activities; assist in the preparation of annual operating goals and assist in the administration of Aquatics departmental budget, objectives and results;
- Assist in planning, organizing, implementing, supervising and evaluating programmes and activities;
- Assist in staff selection, training, scheduling, supervising and evaluating part-time Recreation employees;
- Assist in budget preparation and control; register participants and book rental groups, receives and processes payments for facility registrations and prepares bank deposits; provide effective customer service;
- Assist in developing Activity Guide information and other promotions;
- Assist in maintaining accurate statistical and financial records;
- Maintains ongoing programme records;
- Assist in facility maintenance duties related to filtration, water quality, pool equipment, heating and mechanical systems; conduct instructional aquatic programmes at participant or leadership levels;
- Effectively communicate through oral and written reports;
- Ensure compliance with applicable standards and regulations.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Diploma plus two (2) years of post-secondary education from a University or Community College in Recreation, Human Kinetics, Physical Education or Business Administration, Public Administration or Social Science or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency;
- Must have over one (1) year of experience in recreational programming and facility operations;
- Must have and maintain as a condition of employment, a current National Lifeguard Pool Option certification, Lifesaving Society Instructors Award, Lifesaving Swim Instructor Award, Standard First Aid certification and CPR-C (Basic Rescuer) certification;
- Must have the ability to travel to offsite locations in a timely and expedient manner as required. If method of travel is by vehicle, a current, valid and lawful Driver’s Licence is required in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act and must provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment;
- Must have a working knowledge of computer software programs, such as Microsoft Office, Word and Excel;
- Must be available for shifts scheduled Sunday through Saturday inclusive of Statutory Holidays;
- A University Degree in Recreation, Human Kinetics, Physical Education, Public Administration, Business Administration, Public Administration, or Social Science or related field considered an asset;
- Knowledge of the ActiveNet software program or similar program is considered an asset;
- Additional courses completed in Public Relations would be considered an asset;
- Advanced aquatic qualifications such as Lifesaving Society Instructor Trainer, National Lifeguard Instructor/Examiner, Lifesaving Society Standard First Aid Instructor/Examiner, Bronze Cross Examiner and Aqua Fit Certification are considered assets;
- National Lifeguard Water Park Option certification considered an asset;
- Certified Pool Operator course considered an asset;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a sedentary (light to medium during swim meets) level of work.
- All City of Windsor employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment in accordance with the City’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.