Coordinator, Housing Administration and Development
JOB POSTING #: 2022-0408
POSTING PERIOD: Wednesday, October 26, 2022 at 8:30 A.M. to Tuesday, November 8, 2022 at 4:30 P.M.
DEPARTMENT: Housing & Children’s Services
JOB CODE: NU0295
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $86,244.13 to $104,830.80 Annually
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No.
- Reporting to the Executive Director, Housing & Children’s Services or designate, this position, will be responsible for the efficient integration and administration of the housing and homelessness portfolio within the City of Windsor and County of Essex.
- The successful candidate will ensure proper asset management by housing providers;
- Reviews, negotiates and recommends approval for annual business plans and budgets;
- Will provide advice, guidance and training to housing and homelessness provider and community boards/management in legislation, policy, guidelines, data collection, reporting, business and property management practices;
- Facilitates management capacity and self-sufficiency through staff and board development; Conducts operational reviews of housing and homelessness providers to ensure compliance with program and legislative requirements;
- Facilitates and negotiates partnerships with senior levels of government, developers and related agencies with respect to production and/or regeneration of affordable permanent housing and the delivery of homelessness programs;
- Will conduct research and cost benefit analysis of potential housing projects and consults with housing providers and other stakeholders on housing and homelessness issues related to reforms as contained in the Housing Services Act and other legislation and guidelines from upper levels of government;
- Will review, interpret, establish and document policies and procedures in compliance with applicable legislation and all levels of government;
- Will provide information and advice to tenants, applicants, service recipients and the general public on program legislation and policies;
- Will identify opportunities for future supply of permanent housing.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporate Health & Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have a Masters Degree in Business Administration or Social Sciences or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency and a minimum of two (2) years of experience in the housing and homelessness field, strategic, analytical and financial planning or related field and demonstrated leadership experience;
- OR Must have a University Degree in Business Administration or Social Sciences or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency and a minimum of four (4) years of experience in the housing and homelessness field, strategic, analytical and financial planning or related field and demonstrated leadership experience.
- OR Must have a Community College Diploma in Business Administration or Social Sciences or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency and a minimum of six (6) years of experience in the housing and homelessness field, strategic, analytical and financial planning or related field and demonstrated leadership experience.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Must have experience and ability to manage multiple projects, competing priorities and maintain appropriate confidentiality levels;
- Must have proven leadership qualities and be both self-motivates and a team player;
- Must have experience in managing relationships with corporate and community partners;
- Must demonstrate political acuity and be able to integrate this skill into the position’s activities;
- All City of Windsor employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment in accordance with the City’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.