Administration Program Coordinator
JOB POSTING: 2023-0356
POSTING PERIOD: Friday, September 1, 2023 at 8:30 a.m. to Monday, September 11, 2023 at 4:30 p.m.
DEPARTMENT: Roseland Golf & Curling Club
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $52,000 annually
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: Yes
LOCATION: Roseland and Little River Golf Course
Reporting to the General Manager, this position will be responsible for managing the daily administration of the Roseland and Little River Golf and Roseland Curling programs and support all aspects of client intake, inquiry and information distribution for the Roseland Food & Beverage program. Will be expected to perform in a professional and efficient manner while following the outlined policies and procedures. Ensures exceptional customer service for patrons; will be the principle contact person for all inquiries, including phone calls, emails and site visits. Coordinates invoicing and accounts payable/receivable through operating budget coding; issues petty cash reimbursements; undertakes daily financial management software (AMANDA) inputting for all departments. Attends weekly management meetings. Supports the General Manager in the administration of the Ice Maker contract; supports the development of curling leagues and program; coordinates public ice rental bookings including scheduling, invoicing and financial accounting; coordinates league registrations, player registration and payments. Recruits, recommends hiring and trains staff on proshop and backshop/starters procedures at Little River. Supports the Manager, Golf Operations with financial accountability, staff scheduling, payroll and ensures staff are performing all duties efficiently; coordinates weekly product ordering and inventory control for food & beverage products; ensures weekly cash bag drops. Supports the coordination of golf tournaments and special events as they relate to the Food & Beverage needs. First point of contact for booking request intake: special events, room rentals, banquets, training needs and reservations. Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program. Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have post-secondary training in Business Administration, Professional Golf Management or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency and a minimum of three years of experience in the Golf and Hospitality industry;
- Must have good communications and organizational skills;
- Must have the ability to travel to off site locations in a timely and expedient manner as required. If method of travel is by vehicle, a current valid and lawful Driver's Licence is required in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act and must provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment;
- Familiarity with Financial Management Software (AMANDA) considered an asset;
- Tee-On Point of Sale proficiency would be considered an asset;
- Should have knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, its regulations and knowledge of the hazards associated with the work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
- We offer a smoke-free office environment.
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.