JOB POSTING #: 2023-0185
POSTING PERIOD: Tuesday, May 9, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Monday, May 15, 2023 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Security, Special Activities, City Hall Campus
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: 543558
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $23.62 to $27.79 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: Yes
- Reporting to the Service Director, Security, Special Activities, City Hall Campus or designate, this position will be responsible to: assist with administrative, clerical, telephone and customer service duties as assigned;
- Assist with the registration of participants and perform duties relevant to registration including the responsibility for the securing of registration receipts and assisting with the banking procedures; assist with the preparation and scheduling of bookings, programs, and rentals.
- Will be responsible to type, file and respond to counter inquiries as required.
- Responsible for various stock and supply orders as required.
- Ensures the custody and care of property, contents, money, and equipment by following the facility procedures as per facility guidelines;
- Assist to monitor facility users and participants;
- Assist in risk management for building;
- Ensure the security of the building, which will include conducting periodic perimeter checks;
- May assist in responding to emergency situations such as fires, first aid issues, and evacuations. May be required to set up tables and chairs and other equipment for events.
- Must be able to lift various supplies and materials such as boxes, telephone books, tables, or chairs.
- Will provide functional supervision to staff as required.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety program.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency.
- Must have over six (6) months of experience in customer service in a computerized office environment utilizing the Microsoft Office Suite of Products such as Word and Excel.
- Must hold and maintain a current standard First Aid, Basic Rescuer CPR and Defibrillator Certificate.
- Must have the ability to travel to off-site locations in a timely and expedient manner as required. If method of travel is by vehicle, a current valid and lawful Driver’s License is required in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act and must provide a Driver’s abstract as a condition of employment.
- Must have operating knowledge in the Microsoft Suite of Products such as Word and Excel.
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be capable of working with minimum supervision.
- Must maintain good relations with the general public and other employees at all times.
- Knowledge and proficiency in the database computer applications will be considered an asset.
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a light - medium level of work.
- Must complete a post-offer agility test in an effort to assist the successful candidate in completing the position tasks safely and to aid in minimizing injuries on the job.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.