Intake Receptionist - Bilingual
JOB POSTING #: 2023-0099
POSTING PERIOD: Tuesday, March 7, 2023 at 8:30 A.M. to Tuesday, March 14, 2023 at 4:30 P.M.
DEPARTMENT: Employment & Social Services
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: 543551
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $25.39 to $29.90 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
- Reporting to a Supervisor, this position will be responsible to greet the public, obtain information relative to social assistance concerns and address-associated inquiries.
- Will verify pertinent information and complete/issue various forms.
- Performs clerical duties as necessary.
- Will provide general direction and information to clients.
- Must communicate with the public and fellow staff in a tactful and courteous manner.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma plus one (1) year of post-secondary education in the Social Services field or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalencies; OR
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency plus ten (10) full-time years of experience with the Corporation of the City of Windsor in an Administrative/Secretarial/Clerical position with the successful completion of all three (3) levels of the Computer Technology Certificate;
- Must have over six (6) months of experience in a Social Services setting;
- Must be fluently bilingual (French and English);
- Must be familiar with all facets of the Social Support Services area including community services;
- Must have experience with the Microsoft Suite of Products;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a light level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.