JOB POSTING #: 2023-0033
POSTING PERIOD: Thursday, January 19th, 2023 at 8:30AM to Wednesday, January 25th, 2023 at 4:30PM
DEPARTMENT: Transportation Planning
JOB CODE: NU0353
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $81,348.57 - $98,880.32 Annually
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
Reporting to the Transportation Planning Senior Engineer, this position will be responsible to provide support services inclusive of research, analysis, planning and policy development, report writing and special project support.
- Facilitates informed decision-making by conveying research information and analysis.
- Plans and organizes activities related to Infrastructure Services Capital budget prioritization.
- Responsible for long- and short-range transportation planning and policy issues.
- Identifies emerging infrastructure issues through analysis and research of trends and changes in the City;
- Shares knowledge and provides pragmatic advice on existing and emerging issues to other service units in the service area;
- Updates and maintains long range transportation planning procedures;
- Coordinates, negotiates and provides comment regarding development proposals, including rezoning, cost-sharing, site plan control and Committee of Adjustment;
- Provides design guidelines for roadway improvements related to developments;
- Performs transportation analysis using transportation analysis software;
- Represents Transportation Planning Services at various meetings to provide technical input, including testimony at the Ontario Land Tribunal;
- Assists in the undertaking of Environmental Study Reports;
- Prepares reports to City Council regarding transportation planning issues;
- As assigned, will co-ordinate the work of Infrastructure Planning staff;
- Assists in the handling of service requests from the public, including the preparation of responses;
- Maintains appropriate background files;
- Continues to grow professionally by staying in touch with Municipal Policy and research activities and developments in infrastructure management techniques and methodologies;
- Maintains and updates statistical data;
- Coordinates special projects related to Infrastructure Services;
- Perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program; and
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Must have a University Degree in Engineering, or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency, with the eligibility to attain a Professional Engineering designation, and a minimum of four (4) years of relevant work experience in Transportation Planning or Engineering related environment;
- Must hold and maintain a current valid and lawful Class ‘G’ Driver’s License for the purposes of operating a City of Windsor vehicle and provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment;
- Must have experience in a computerized environment;
- Must have ability to present clear, concise and accurate verbal and written reports and possess excellent public relations skills;
- Should have knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, its regulations and knowledge of the hazards associated with the work;
- Supervisory experience in a unionized environment will be considered an asset;
- Working knowledge of transportation modeling principles will be considered an asset;
- Membership with the Professional Engineers of Ontario will be considered an asset;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a light level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.