Permit Services Clerk
JOB POSTING #: 2023-0146
POSTING PERIOD: Thursday, April 13, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Friday, April 21, 2023 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Building Services
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: 543002
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $27.38 – $32.22 per hour
POSITION #: N/A
SHIFT WORK REQUIRED: No
HOURS OF WORK: 35.00
- Reporting to the Manager of Policy and Regulatory Services / Deputy CBO, this position will be responsible to receive, enter and scan data from various source documents regarding new permits, completion dates, orders, etc. into the AMANDA system.
- Will provide confidential administrative and secretarial support, including all general office functions, i.e., typing, filing, photocopying, correspondence, responding to telephone inquiries, sometimes dealing with difficult people;
- Monitor and receive Manager of Policy and Regulatory Services/Deputy CBO’s messages and phone calls; arranging meetings, booking appointments; maintains and updates the Policy and Regulatory Services / Deputy CBO calendar and to-do list.
- Acts as a resource for the Administrative Assistant; takes daily attendance and communicates records with Administrative Assistant; maintains schedule of employee sick leave, vacation, flexed schedules, banked overtime; manages the co-ordination and support needed for seminars, conferences, and training; provide backup to Reception and Cashier.
- Maintains the Building Department's email account and responds, screens or re-routes inquiries for all Permit Services staff through email or telephone.
- Sort, prioritize, document, and track numerous emails on a daily basis. Receive, enter, and scan various records for input and retrieval in AMANDA.
- Maintain and update the Building Department's general mail box and website using Sharepoint; i.e. statistical construction reports, by-laws, applications, etc. Use the Building By-law and Building Code Act to prepare letters for signature for permit refunds, rejections, withdrawal, and revocation and include any supporting correspondence.
- Responsible for own cash float and balancing; calculate refund amounts for building permits as prescribed by the Building By-law; prepares monthly reports in AMANDA to review with Manager on status of all permit applications: verify status' by corresponding with CSR's, Plan Examiners and Policy and Regulatory Services / Deputy CBO, review email correspondence; send appropriate letters to applicants; manage and update permit files in AMANDA pertaining to ERCA, Utility Clearances, Engineer Reports, Liquor Licence applications, etc.
- Prepare Building Property Information Letters at the request of lawyers and respond to any further inquiries regarding the letter.
- Prepares Agendas and transcribe minutes for all Permit Services meetings; maintain and follow up on action items discussed in meetings.
- Maintain current Building and Zoning by-laws, forms, processes, procedures for use to respond to inquiries from the public.
- Research and provide reports from Live link to assist in issuing of permits; assists in FOI requests.
- Prepares Conditional Permit Agreements for the applicant, owner, and CBO's signature, circulates for signatures and tracks agreements, requests certified Corporate Documents and verify Articles of Incorporation to ensure legality of agreements between the City of Windsor and applicant.
- Review Site Plan Control (SPC) status and correspond with SPC planners; use EIS to confirm information on properties, i.e. sewers, ERCA, owner, zoning, etc. Receives invoices, review chartfield designation, maintain monthly spreadsheet to send to the Tax Department.
- Prepare Rejection/Revocation/Withdrawal/Refund Letters.
- Update Building Bond renewals in AMANDA. Perform preliminary review of Applications; prepare and Implement Development Charge Agreements.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma plus two (2) years of post-secondary education from a Community College or University or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalencies;
- Must have over one (1) year of experience in a computerized office environment utilizing the Microsoft Suite of products (i.e. Word, Outlook);
- Must have a minimum typing proficiency of 50 wpm;
- Must be able to quickly and accurately enter data into a computer terminal with minimal supervision;
- Must have sound knowledge of general office procedures;
- Computer literacy in the AMANDA system is considered an asset.
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a limited / sedentary level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
- We offer a smoke-free office environment.
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.