Signal Systems Analyst
JOB POSTING: 2023-0215
POSTING PERIOD: Monday, May 29, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Friday, June 9 2023 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Public Works Operations
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: 543122
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $30.53 to $35.88 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQUIRED: No
Reporting to the Supervisor of Traffic Signals, or designate, this position operates and maintains the computerized traffic signal control systems; maintains system peripheral devices, develops signal timing plans and assists signal maintenance staff on site as required within Traffic Signals. Monitors operation of system hardware, database and system operation of the computerized traffic signal control system; Monitors daily operation of system and troubleshoots peripheral devices; Updates and maintains database including uploading and downloading from on-street controllers including on-site communication checks; Develops and maintains signal timings for all intersections including the development and analysis of traffic flow statistics using modeling packages; Corresponds with engineering firms and legal firms as required; Maintains a legal log; Gives presentations regarding the traffic system to the public and handles complaints pertaining to the traffic signal control system; Configures video detection systems and network switches, monitors operation and troubleshoots as required; Reviews plans (construction drawings) for new signal installation projects; Assists signal maintenance staff in the field as required for maintenance and construction activities; Must be able to assist in assembling and installing heavy intersection hardware while working at heights of over twenty feet. Will be required to travel to various locations across the City. Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program. Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have a two (2) year Diploma in Civil Engineering Technician or Electronics Engineering Technician from a Community College or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency;
- Must have over five (5) years of experience in a computerized traffic signal control or similar environment;
- Certification as an Engineering Technician or Technologist by O.A.C.E.T.T., or willing to work towards certification, will be considered an asset;
- Must hold and maintain a current valid and lawful Class ‘G’ Driver’s Licence in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act, for the purposes of operating a City of Windsor vehicle and provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment;
- Must have proven oral and written communication skills;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a sedentary level of work
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
- We offer a smoke-free office environment.
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.