Program Manager, Corporate Project
JOB POSTING #: 2022-0432
POSTING PERIOD: Thursday, November 10, 2022 at 8:30 AM to Thursday, November 17, 2022 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
JOB CODE: NU0557
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $86,244.13 - $104,830.80 annually
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
Reporting to a departmental manager, this position will be responsible for leading change with regards to the design, development and implementation of initiatives for eServices with the Building, Planning and Public Works department. Supervise and direct work effort of all resources which may include internal staff as well as external vendors who are assigned to the program. This position will be responsible to define the requirements and approach to meet organizational and departmental goals which are comprised of multiple inter-dependent work streams spanning software elements, new and changed business processes, changes to organizational structure and capabilities. Initiates and promotes cross functional working relationships with project sponsors, project managers, senior management, vendor and key stakeholders within the Corporation; Mentors and develops leadership strength and acts as an information subject matter expert and resource for the project. Negotiates resources and obtains financial, physical, or human resources to support projects or programs; establishes program schedules to meet key milestone and integrates development of best practices, project standards, procedures, and quality objectives; Conducts reviews of the environment status and associated staff. May be responsible for vendor management including coordinating vendor activities as required; May also be required to oversee the development of Contracts, Service Level Agreements and provide input in to the evaluation, selection and procurement of products and/or services from vendors; establishes and reviews project plans, schedules, and staffing requirements; manages and directs departmental project team and removes roadblocks which may inhibit the success for improvement. Identifies and mitigates service risks and issues; May be required to prepare or provide input into Council reports and presentations to council and/or senior management. Performs Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporate Health & Safety Program; Carry out other related duties as assigned.
- Must have a University Degree in Information Technology, Business or Engineering or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency and a minimum of four (4) years of experience in Project Management, Leadership and Planning skills;
- The successful applicant is a highly committed individual that will embrace the opportunity to develop new skills and provide overall management of major corporate-wide programs and initiatives;
- Perform effectively in a multi-disciplined, fast paced environment that requires a high degree of personal organization, motivation, initiative, problem solving techniques and highly developed project management skills;
- Proven success in implementing complex change projects;
- Must have demonstrated proficiency in use of project management methodologies, tools and their application;
- Must have proven leadership qualities and be both self motivated and a team player;
- Must have exceptional skills in the areas of organization, prioritization, planning, and problem solving;
- Must have strong interpersonal and consensus building skills;
- Should have strong knowledge of municipal business and regulatory processes specifically with regards to Municipal permitting;
- Have excellent written, verbal, research and presentation skills;
- Experience with Amanda and or Cloudpermit is considered an asset;
- Must have the ability to travel to offsite locations in a timely & expedient manner as required. If method of travel is by vehicle a current valid and lawful driver’s licence is required in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act;
- Will be required to complete and remain current, per the requirements of the Corporation’s Management Certificate Program;
- Should have knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, its regulation and knowledge of the hazards associated with the work;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a sedentary level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.