Recreation Program Instructors includes Summer Day Camp
JOB POSTING #: 2022-0454
POSTING PERIOD: Friday, November 25, 2022 at 8:30 a.m. to Wednesday, January 18, 2023 at 4:30 p.m.
DEPARTMENT: Recreation & Culture
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: REC027
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Part-Time Recreational
GRADE/CLASS: 002 - Salary Schedule - E1
# OF POSITIONS: Various
RATE OF PAY: $17.76 (2023 rate)
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: Yes
- Reporting to a Supervisor of Community Programming or the Assistant Manager WIATC/Adventure Bay or designate(s) where applicable, Recreation Program Instructors will teach and supervise programs while ensuring a safe, clean environment.
- Will provide program planning, program implementation and student evaluations.
- The incumbent will maintain excellent customer service and public relations at all times.
- The incumbent will maintain statistical data (i.e., class lists, attendance, etc.).
- Recreation Program Instructors may be rotated to various Recreation facilities to accommodate backup requirements.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must be a minimum of 16 years of age at time of employment;
- Must have completed an Ontario Secondary School Grade 10 education or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency;
- Must have over three (3) months experience working in the sports/recreation field;
- May require as a condition of employment current valid Standard First Aid and CPR Basic Rescuer (Level C) certificate obtained from a first aide WSIA Reg. 1101 training provider recognized by the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) for the full period of employment;
- May require as a condition of employment, Play Leadership and Principles of Healthy Child Development training programs;
- Experience in teaching Karate, Gymnastics, Dance (Tap, Ballet, Jazz), Fitness, Yoga, Zumba, Spin, Piano and Guitar instruction considered a definite asset. Current and valid certifications may be required;
- Experience in a Day Camp environment considered a definite asset;
- Bilingualism (French and English) considered an asset;
- Resumes must clearly outline qualifications as noted above. Resumes will be given further consideration based on meeting the criteria as identified in the qualifications section above.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.