Accounts Payable Control Clerk
JOB POSTING #: 2023-0227
POSTING PERIOD: Monday, June 5, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Friday, June 9, 2023 at 4:30 PM
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: 543066
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $25.39 - $29.90 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
HOURS OF WORK: 33.75
Reporting to the Manager of Accounting Services, this position will be responsible to process all incoming invoices related to purchase orders and blanket purchase orders; verifies every invoice to match the purchase order; input for payment having “level 2” approval authority and initiate the daily run of the accounts payable system for daily cheques and reports; follows up with appropriate departments regarding any discrepancies between the invoice information and the purchase order information and makes necessary corrections; answers inquiries and resolves accounts payable system problems concerning vendors and/or departments, in conjunction with Information Technology department, if required. Ensures proper payment of duty and brokerage invoices, undertakes the follow-up of returned cheques. Maintain the master vendor file; reviews monthly vendor statements and follow-up on old outstanding invoices with vendors and appropriate departments. Processes adjustments and cancellations to vouchers and cheques and re-issue if appropriate; provides back-up with the verification of vouchers and the daily matching of remittances for cheques; ensures that vendors with garnishee orders do not receive cheques improperly and also ensures credits are given by vendors for returned or damaged goods; files all office copy purchase orders. Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program. Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma plus one (1) year of post-secondary education in Accounting from a Community College or University or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalencies;
- Must have over one (1) year of work experience in a computerized accounting environment using standard financial products such as General Ledgers (GL), Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR), reconciliation, etc;
- Must be capable of working without detailed direction or close supervision and able to interpret written instructions;
- Must have working knowledge of Word and Excel;
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and be capable of dealing with the general public;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a light level of work
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.