Manager, Technical Support
JOB POSTING #: 2022-0466
POSTING PERIOD: Monday, December 5th, 2022 at 8:30AM to Friday, December 9th, 2022 at 4:30PM
DEPARTMENT: Public Works
JOB CODE: NU0153
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $112,336.15 - $136.545.87 Annually
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
Reporting to the Executive Director of Operations/ Deputy City Engineer, this position will be responsible to ensure the efficient and responsive provision of technical support services including the implementation and operation of computer systems utilized by Operations, engineering, performance measurement, cost analysis, administrative and technical support. Ensures Operations budget control and monitoring as well as the investigation and implementation of innovative methods of improving productivity. Plans, directs, and coordinates the activities of the professional staff in the Technical Support Division, including budgetary and personnel matters; Provides for the development, implementation, operation, and monitoring of computer systems used by Operations to meet operational and corporate requirements (e.g. Hansen Infrastructure Management System, FleetAnywhere, Maintenance Management, in-house databases, as well as customer service, human resources and financial systems); Coordinates, through professional staff, data collection and management, cost and statistical analysis and monitoring, performance measurement, and infrastructure inspection program development and condition rating reporting; Provides budget development and monitoring support for Operations and ensures that the Executive Director of Operations is kept informed of service area budgetary matters; Reviews and keeps appropriate records to ensure their integrity; Monitors the processes, systems, and procedures utilized in Operations and develop, recommends, and oversees the implementation of appropriate improvements; Investigates, develops, implements productivity and service enhancement strategies; Research and prepare reports and correspondence; Communicates with municipal officials, representatives of other agencies and the public; Manages staff, including recruitment, discipline, lost time and performance reviews, and training and development; Ensures staff familiarity with provincial safety legislation and corporate policies and procedures; Serves as Operations liaison and representative on various corporate committees and working groups; Maintain amiable relations with customers, the public and fellow staff; Replaces managers as necessary. Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program. Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have a University degree in Engineering or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency and a minimum of six (6) years of experience in an operations/technical environment; OR
- Must have a community college Diploma in Engineering or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency, and over ten (10) years of experience in operations/technical environment;
- Must hold and maintain a current valid and lawful Class ‘G’ Driver's License in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act, for the purposes of operating a City of Windsor vehicle and provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment;
- Must have progressively responsible municipal or related experience in road and sewer construction/maintenance, waste management, and fleet management;
- Must have proven experience in contract administration, budget control and monitoring, and personnel supervision, in a computerized and unionized environment;
- Must have the ability to analyze and resolve complex technical and operational issues;
- Must have proven technical, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Must have thorough knowledge of appropriate safety, labour, construction acts and codes and other relevant legislation;
- Should have knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, its regulations and knowledge of hazards associated with the workplace;
- Will be required to complete and remain current as per the requirements of the Corporation’s Management Certificate Program;
- Progression through the Art of Supervision Program Certificate or a supervisory program of a similar nature is considered an asset;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a sedentary level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.