Registered Practical Nurse (RPN)
JOB POSTING #: 2023-0365
POSTING PERIOD: Monday, September 11, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Friday, September 15, 2023 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Huron Lodge
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: 543198
POSITION STATUS: Regular Part-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 2
RATE OF PAY: $29.72 to $35.02 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
Reporting to the Registered Nurse or designate, this position will utilize the nursing process to assist the Registered Nurse in assessments, therapeutic nursing interventions and evaluation of the outcomes of nursing care;Will include the administration of medications as specified and prescribed by policies of the department and the standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario. Will provide professional nursing care for the residents, coordinate and direct work assignments of Personal Support Workers. The responsibility and accountability is in accordance with all applicable rules, regulations, acts, and as outlined in the Standards of Practice for Registered Practical Nurses with the College of Nurses of Ontario. Will be required to respond to residents and residents’ families needs in a professional and courteous manner ensuring all proper documentation is complete and reported to the Registered Nurse as required; Will assist with activities of daily living requirements; Will monitor for physiological and psychological changes and report accordingly; Will perform administrative duties, required documentation and proper follow-up regarding the care plan for residents including medical treatments; Will assist in the orientation of residents, families and Personal Support workers; Communicates in a respectful manner with residents, families and co-workers; Assists in maintaining a tidy and clean environment; Performs duties detailed in Huron Lodge’s Policy and Procedure manuals, as well as duties as assigned per the Emergency Preparedness Plan; attend in-service training. All influenza vaccine/outbreak protocols must be followed on a yearly basis. Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program. Will perform other related duties as required.Up to 25 hours per week. The normal workweek shall be Sunday through Saturday. The workday shall include a meal period of thirty minutes and shifts shall be as follows:
- Night: 10:45 P.M. – 7:00 A.M.
- Day: 6:45 A.M. – 3:00 P.M.
- Evenings: 2:45 P.M. – 11:00 P.M.
- Must have a two (2) year Community College Diploma in Nursing or Ontario Ministry of Education Equivalencies;
- Must have current registration as a Registered Practical Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario with no restrictions at time of application plus proof of pharmacology component and must have over three (3) months of clinical and medication cart experience as a Registered Practical Nurse within the last two (2) years;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a medium level of work;
- Must complete a post-offer agility test in an effort to assist the successful candidate in completing the position tasks safely and to aid in minimizing injuries on the job;
- Must have experience in clear, complete and accurate documentation/recording of clients progress toward desired outcomes inclusive of assessment, planning, interventions and evaluation in a computerized environment as well as excellent communication skills and effective listening skills;
- Must have knowledge of the dynamics of human growth and development in the aging process; with excellent observation and judgement skills;
- Genuine interest in the elderly and a sincere commitment to the residents; knowledge of optimal potential in activities of daily living, behaviours of daily living and continuing care levels; empathy, patience and tact in interactions with others;
- Ability to adapt to a care approach in consideration of residents’ preferences and needs;
- Experience in a long-term care setting is preferable;
- Additional related courses will be considered an asset;
- Proven commitment to ongoing professional development will be considered an asset;
- Related community and volunteer experience is a definite asset;
- Verification of a current HeartSaver Level A Certificate plus current First Aid Certificate will be deemed an asset;
- Additional language skills are a definite asset.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.