Adult Crossing Guard
JOB POSTING #: 2024-0035
POSTING PERIOD: Wednesday, January 17, 2024 at 8:30 AM to Tuesday, December 31, 2024 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Public Works Operations
UNION: Crossing Guard Association
JOB CODE: CGA001
# OF POSITIONS: TBD
RATE OF PAY: $20.00 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQUIRED: Yes
DUTIES:To assist school children safely across city intersections going to and from school. Obey all established traffic safety regulations. Ensure proper use and maintenance of safety equipment. Document and report any incidents, accidents, injuries, hazards or suspicious persons/vehicles to the coordinator and appropriate police and/or school officials. Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program. Will perform other related duties as required.
- You must be at least 16 years of age in order to apply;
- Must be available to work during the Elementary School Calendar (September to June)
- Must possess good oral communication skills;
- Must have the ability to work effectively and with minimum supervision;
- Must have the ability to maintain a high degree of concentration, with visual and hearing ability to recognize traffic at a safe distance;
- Must have ability to cross children safely across busy intersections, and react safely and decisively to traffic conditions;
- Must have a pleasant and courteous demeanor and demonstrate excellent customer services skills;
- Must be able to perform the above-noted employment activities outside in all weather conditions;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a light level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.