Intake Clerk - Bilingual
JOB POSTING #: 2023-0310
POSTING PERIOD: Tuesday, July 25, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Monday, July 31, 2023 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Housing & Children’s Services
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: 543355
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $23.92 to $28.14 per hour.
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
Reporting to the Children’s Services System Supervisor or designate, this position will support the Child Care Subsidy team by performing general office duties including answering the Children’s Services general intake line, completing Child Care Subsidy pre-applications both over the phone and on-line; Scheduling call back appointments for Children Services Caseworkers and advising applicants of required documents for Child Care Subsidy applications. Responds to, retrieves, re-routes and records phone inquiries, and provides information to the public concerning Children’s Services. Will be required to enter case notes in a data base, file and distribute Child Care Subsidy authorizations and general correspondence. Will track applications for Child Care Subsidy to ensure documents are received within required timelines. Will maintain a spreadsheet to track incoming referrals from community partners. Must maintain amiable relations with co-workers and customers. Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program. Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency;
- Must have over six (6) months of experience in a computerized office environment using the Microsoft Office Suite of Products including Windsor, Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Must have a minimum typing speed of 40 wpm;
- Must be fluently bilingual (English and French);
- Must have neat and legible penmanship;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a sedentary level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.