JOB POSTING: 2023-0302
JOB POSTING PERIOD: Tuesday, July 18, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Monday, July 24, 2023 at 4:30 PM
JOB CODE: NU0130
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $68,693.51 to $83,497.98 annually
SHIFT WORK: No
- Reporting to the Manager of Right of Way or designate, this position will be responsible for a variety of assignments that are relative, but not limited to, various technical assignments, which involve the design and preparation of specifications, cost estimates and tender documents and the administration of contracts for corporate projects, both construction and non-construction and related assignments.
- Review and provide technical comments on site plan control, re-zoning and development applications on behalf of the department.
- Responsible for the technical work associated with issuance's of various permits, encroachments, and development agreements.
- Must be familiar with provincial safety legislation and corporate safety policies and procedures.
- Will perform research and prepare reports and other written correspondence as required.
- Will be required to travel to off-site project locations.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program. Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have a post secondary school community College Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology, or related field, or Ontario Ministry of education equivalencies and a minimum of one (1) year experience in an engineering office, preferably in a municipal setting;
- Must be a member of O.A.C.E.T.T. or must be eligible for membership and able to obtain certification within two (2) years;
- Must have the ability to travel to off site locations in a timely and expedient manner as required. If method of travel is by vehicle, a current valid and lawful Driver’s License is required in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act and must provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment.
- Must have proven communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with City representatives, other agencies and the general public.
- Must have knowledge of the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act, its regulations and knowledge of the hazards associated with the work;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a light level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
- We offer a smoke-free office environment.
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.