Supervisor, Children's Services Systems
JOB POSTING #: 2024-0006
POSTING PERIOD: Friday, January 12, 2024 at 8:30 AM to Thursday, January 18, 2024 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Employment & Social Services
JOB CODE: NU0243
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $91,318.22 to $110,998.40 Annually
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
- Reporting to the Manager of Children’s Services or designate, the successful candidate will be responsible for the provision of child care fee subsidies funding for licensed child care services to eligible contracted child care service providers and families in Windsor/Essex County.
- Will manage child care service contracts with Windsor/Essex County service providers for the distribution of Child Care Subsidy,and other applicable Grant Funding as well as Family Support Program funding which includes EarlyON Child and Family Centres and applicable staffing.
- Will oversee all activities associated with the above funding including annual Funding Application Forms, the semi-annual and year-end, year-to-date reports from contracted service providers, and the annual Statement of Revenue and Expenditure Reports/Review Engagement Reports. Will oversee the management of the Ontario Child Care Management System (OCCMS) program including the On-Line Child Care Subsidy Application program.
- Responsible for overseeing the On-Line OneHSN Child Care Registry program.
- Responsible for managing the collection and submission of the annual MBN Child Care Measures information and the preparation of all reports related to same.
- Responsible for the collection and submission of the annual Children’s Services Key Performance Indicator information and the preparation of all reports related to same.
- Review results of financial and service target audits and make recommendations and/or take appropriate action.
- Responsible for assisting the Finance Department with the preparation and submission of the semi-annual and year-end reports for the Ministry of Education.
- Supervises and plans the activities of staff including recruitments, discipline, training, development and performance.
- Maintain amiable relations with our customers, clients, the public and fellow employees. Occupational Health and Safety duties as outlined in the Corporate Health and Safety program. Perform other related duties as required.
- Must have a University Degree in Business Administration or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency and a minimum of two (2) years of experience as it relates to business administration with demonstrated leadership experience.
- OR Must have a post secondary school Community College Diploma in Business Administration or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency and a minimum of four (4) years of experience as it relates to business administration with demonstrated leadership experience.
- OR Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma plus one (1) year of post secondary school courses in Business Administration or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalencies and a minimum of six (6) years of experience as it relates to business administration with demonstrated leadership experience.
- OR Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency and more than ten (10) years of experience as it relates to business administration with demonstrated leadership experience.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to travel to offsite locations in a timely and expedient manner as required.
- If method of travel is by vehicle, a current, valid and lawful Driver’s License is required in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act and must provide a Driver’s Abstract as a condition of employment.
- Will be required to complete and remain current as per the requirements of the Corporation’s Management Certificate Program.
- Knowledge of Ontario Child Care Management System (OCCMS) and OneHSN would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of Child Care Data, Funding, Stats and Ongoing Ministry of Education Initiatives as it relates to Early Years and Child Care would be considered and asset.
- Should have knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, its regulations and knowledge of the hazards associated with the work.
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a sedentary level of work
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.