JOB POSTING: 2022-0383
POSTING PERIOD: Friday, October 14, 2022 at 8:30AM to Thursday, October 20, 2022 at 4:30PM
JOB CODE: NU0135
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full Time
RATE OF PAY: $86,244.13 to $104,830.80 annually
SHIFT WORK REQUIRED: No
# OF POSITIONS: 2
- Reporting to the Manager, Design & Development, this position will be responsible for a variety of engineering assignments relative, but not limited to, the technical work associated with the Public Works Engineering area. (Subject to the requirements of the Professional Engineers Act in the practice of professional engineering.)
- Responsible for various engineering assignments, which involve the technical design and preparation of specifications, cost estimates, tender documents, and administration of contracts for the construction of infrastructure and related assignments.
- Must represent the Corporation and liaise with Consultants during the construction of assigned projects.
- Undertake technical analysis and the preparation of written reports relating to development applications for re-zonings, site plan control, plans of subdivision and condominium conversions, encroachment applications and review permit requests.
- Negotiate development agreements.
- Provide Departmental representation to various committees, including Standing Committees.
- Ensure staff familiarization with Provincial safety legislation and corporate safety policies and procedures, City Standards and Engineering Best Practices.
- As assigned, will supervise engineers, technologists and technicians.
- Will be required to travel to off-site locations.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have a University degree in Engineering (Civil, Environmental or related) or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalencies and a minimum of four (4) years progressively responsible engineering experience, preferably in a municipal environment;
- Must be licensed by the Professional Engineers of Ontario;
- Must be familiar with and have working knowledge of Federal, Provincial and Municipal statutes and By-laws pertaining to the design and construction of municipal services, including the Local Improvement Act, the Municipal Act, the Construction Lien Act, the Drainage Act, the Environmental Assessment Act and the Endangered Species Act, and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act;
- Must have the ability to travel to off-site locations in a timely and expedite manner as required. If method of travel is by vehicle, a current valid and lawful driver’s licence is required in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act, and must provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment;
- Must have proven communication, analytical, interpersonal, supervisory skills, as well as the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with City representatives, other agencies and the general public;
- Should have knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, its regulations and knowledge of the hazards associated with work;
- Sewer design certification, modelling and LID experience would be considered an asset;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a light level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
- We offer a smoke-free office environment.
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- All City of Windsor employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment in accordance with the City’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.