Personal Computer Support Analyst
JOB POSTING #: 2023-0391
POSTING PERIOD: Wednesday, September 27, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Wednesday, October 4, 2023 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: 543079
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 3
RATE OF PAY: $33.24 - $39.10 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
Reporting to the Manager of End User Support, this position will support the desktop computing environment across multiple locations; This support will include coordinating, lifting, carrying, and installing personal computers including setting up and updating operating systems; installing, updating, and supporting hardware and software on personal computers designated for use within the Corporation; Configuring hardware and software; Telephone support; Working on technology projects and initiatives; Developing and implementing technical solutions; Troubleshooting standard and complex issues; Documenting technical and procedural information; Travelling to various area offices throughout the City; Assisting on the Help Desk to answer user inquiries on a rotational basis; Required to be on call on a rotating schedule basis; Recommending the purchase of hardware and software; Developing and maintaining an inventory of all personal computers, peripherals and software installed throughout the Corporation; Working as a member of a team on large projects; Implementing network solutions; conducting end-user training; Developing documentation for end-users; Maintaining amiable relations with the public, user departments and fellow staff; Embracing and learning new technologies; Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program; Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have a three (3) year Community College Diploma or University Degree in Computer Science or Business Administration or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalencies;
- Must have over three (3) years of work experience in an Information Technology position supporting end users, computers, hardware, peripherals, applications telecommunications and networking in a business environment;
- Must hold and maintain a current valid and lawful Class ‘G’ Driver’s Licence in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act, for the purposes of operating a City of Windsor vehicle and provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a medium level of work;
- Must complete a post-offer agility test in an effort to assist the successful candidate in completing the position tasks safely and to aid in minimizing injuries on the job;
- Must have exceptional customer service skills;
- Must have strong problem solving and problem management skills;
- Must be able to effectively prioritize competing and changing issues in a large corporate environment;
- Must be able to effectively manage multiple technical initiatives independently and as a part of a team;
- Previous experience in a helpdesk or customer service environment, dealing with end users, and developing and conducting computer training courses will be considered an asset.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.