Coordinator of Real Estate Services
JOB POSTING #: 2023-0026
POSTING PERIOD: Tuesday, January 17, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Monday, January 30, 2023 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Legal Services, Real Estate & Risk Management
JOB CODE: NU0311
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $74,291.42 - $90,302.13 Annually
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
- Reporting to the Manager, Real Estate Services this position is responsible for matters related to the acquisition, retention, and disposal of property interests and leasing.
- Will be responsible to prepare Requests for Proposals for the selection of Realtors;
- Prepare and maintain surplus land lists;
- Undertake the rezoning of lands, as necessary;
- Provide land valuations and review other land appraisals;
- Assist with the disposal of surplus lands including listing and negotiations;
- Prepare Council Reports and recommendations;
- Participate on Technical Committees for Environmental Assessments to identify land requirements and pertinent issues;
- Meet with the public when needed and respond to public inquiries/complaints concerning City-owned vacant land or improved properties.
- Performs cash-in-lieu of parkland calculations;
- Assist with negotiations for injurious affection, business loss and relocation expense claims and recommend settlements;
- Provide technical support for street and alley closure matters, provide valuation for conveyance of various closed municipal rights-of-way.
- Will be required to inspect vacant or improved properties as assigned;
- Provide support services to the Manager of Real Estate Services and other municipal departments in connection with real estate matters and Lease Administrator in connection with leases.
- May be required to lift binders, storage boxes, files etc.
- Will perform Occupational Health and Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program.
- Will be required to assume other related duties as assigned.
- Must have a Masters Degree or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency AND a minimum of two (2) years recent experience in real estate property negotiation, management and interpreting appraisals, and in connection with the purchase/sale/lease of lands; OR
- Must have a University Degree or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency AND a minimum of four (4) year’s recent experience in real estate property negotiation, management and interpreting appraisals, and in connection with the purchase/sale/lease of lands; OR
- Must have a College diploma or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency AND a minimum of six (6) year’s recent experience in real estate property negotiation, management and interpreting appraisals, and in connection with the purchase/sale/lease of lands;
- Must have the ability to travel to offsite locations in a timely and expedient manner as required. If method of travel is by vehicle a current valid and lawful Driver’s License is required in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act and must provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment;
- Must be fully computer literate and well versed in Outlook, Excel, Word and Geowarehouse;
- Must be able to interpret and understand registry office documents, agreements of purchase and sale, surveys, legal descriptions and lease agreements.
- Must have familiarity with expropriation procedures and other matters pertaining to property acquisition;
- Should have knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act, its regulations and knowledge of the hazards associated with the work;
- Current or previous real estate license from OREA, a CRA or AACI designation from the Appraisal Institute would be considered an asset;
- May be required to lift 30 lbs.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.