Job Developer 2023-0009
JOB POSTING #: 2023-0009
POSTING PERIOD: Monday, January 9, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Friday, January 13, 2023 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Employment & Social Services
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: 543238
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $32.83 to $38.62 per hour.
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
- Reporting to a Supervisor, this position will provide a range of employment related services to recipients of public assistance or the general public through Employment Ontario or Ontario Works Initiatives;
- To assist in the delivery of employment programs or social assistance programs in accordance with relevant legislation and guidelines;
- Authorize the issuance of assistance/supports;
- Responsible for eligibility decisions; meet with employers; explaining and negotiating training placement incentives, seek out prospective job opportunities and match with qualified job candidates;
- Responsible for individual/program assessment, vocational planning, life skills and pre-employment training;
- Initiates referrals to academic and work skills training;
- maintains functions of client recruitment, job development, work placement, and where the client consents, support of follow-up counseling to ensure job maintenance; maintains liaison with Federal, Provincial, and Community based employment service agencies to ensure full usage of employment programs;
- Compiles statistical data as required to support program viability.
- Represents the Department on committees in an advisory capacity.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
Note: Please be advised that the job placement for this posting will be at the Windsor location.. However, applicants are reminded that management reserves and retains its rights to transfer employees and change their work assignment location at any time.
- Must have a three (3) year post-secondary school Degree from a University in Social Sciences, Social Work, Business Administration/Business Marketing, Public Administration or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalencies;
- Must have over three (3) years of direct client support experience as it relates to human services planning and/or case management in a Social Services environment with good knowledge of Ontario Works, Federal and Provincial programs and other resources;
- Must have the ability to travel to offsite locations in a timely and expedient manner as required. If method of travel is by vehicle, a current valid and lawful Driver’s Licence is required in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act and must provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment;
- Must have operating knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite of Products (Word, Excel, etc);
- Must be highly motivated and demonstrate the ability to communicate both orally and in writing;
- Must have exceptional interpersonal, communication and organizational skills;
- Experience in Marketing or Sales will be considered an asset;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a sedentary level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.