JOB POSTING #: 2023-0301
POSTING PERIOD: Tuesday, July 18, 2023 to Monday, July 24, 2023 at 4:30PM
DEPARTMENT: Engineering - Right of Way
JOB CODE: NU0132
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 2
RATE OF PAY: $75,220.06 - $91,430.91 Annually
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: NO
- Reporting to the Manager of Right-of-Way, this position will be responsible for a variety of assignments relative, but not limited to, the technical work associated with the Engineering-Right-of-Way division including technical reviews and approvals of various permits in the public right-of-way;
- Undertake technical analysis and the preparation of written reports relating to development applications for re-zonings, site plan control, plans of subdivision and condominium conversions;
- Negotiate development agreements;
- Provide Departmental representation to various committees;
- Including Planning Advisory Committee, Site Plan Review and Committee of Adjustment;
- Will research; prepare reports and other written correspondence as required relating to development applications;
- Responsible for various technical assignments, which involve the design and preparation of specifications, cost estimates, and tender documents, for the construction of roads, sewers, and other municipal projects, administration of contracts including attendance at site meetings, and related assignments;
- Must be familiar with Provincial safety legislation and Corporate safety policies and procedures;
- Will be required to travel to off-site meetings and attend various job sites;
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program;
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have a University Degree in Civil Engineering or related field, or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalencies and a minimum of one (1) year of experience in the application of engineering principals in a municipal environment or municipal related engineering office; OR
- Must have a Community College Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or related field, or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalencies and a minimum of two (2) years of experience in the application of engineering principles in a municipal environment or municipal related engineering office
- Must be registered and certified as an Engineering Technologist in the Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists;
- Must have the ability to travel to off site locations in a timely and expedient manner as required. If method of travel is by vehicle, a current valid and lawful Driver's License is required in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act and must provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment;
- Must have proven communication, analytical, interpersonal, supervisory skills, as well as the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with City representatives, other agencies, and the general public;
- Should have knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, its regulations and knowledge of the hazards associated with the work;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a sedentary level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.