Director of Finance
WINDSOR DETROIT BORDERLINK LIMITED
Director of Finance
An exciting opportunity at the only existing sub aqueous international automobile border crossing in the World; connecting Canada and the United States!
The Director of Finance is a member of WDBL’s senior management team and will report to the CEO. The successful candidate will provide accounting advisory services to WDBL’s Board of Directors and its Secretary-Treasurer, and will be responsible for all aspects of the company’s financial and reporting operations, the development and oversight of the operating and capital budgets and the management of all external banking and credit relationships.
Committed to best practices and innovation, you’ll also participate in the development of strategic and innovative approaches, financial strategies and analytical techniques, and ensure the effective provision of senior-level advice, guidance, assistance and analytical services, providing fiscally sustainable solutions to meeting Windsor Detroit Borderlink Limited’s challenges, including cost containment and revenue maximization. Keeping abreast of WDBL’s changing strategies, priorities, policies and programs, as well as federal legislation, you’ll ensure that the design and delivery of service plans and budgets are linked to strategic objectives and Board priorities.
The ideal candidate will have a professional accounting designation, a track record of success as a senior financial leader, a demonstrated ability in strategic growth planning, effective reporting, and driving the bottom line in a business that is committed to delivering an outstanding customer experience.
Skills and Qualifications
- Must have a University degree in Business Administration or Commerce with a major in Accounting or Finance or the Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency.
- Must have a minimum of six (6) years progressively responsible experience in a computerized accounting environment with experience preparing financial statements.
- Must have a recognized designation in accounting (i.e. CPA/CA, CPA/GCA, CPA/CMA or acceptable equivalency as recognized by applicable regulatory body).
- Strong knowledge of accounting systems, budgets, internal controls, business planning and asset management.
- Must have experience in the audit and preparation of financial statements on an individual and consolidated basis.
- Must have the ability to analyze financial data and complex issues, forecast future results, drive process improvements and develop strategies to enable WDBL to optimize its financial resources.
- Must have a good understanding of financial reports and templates associated with year-end and audit requirements with the ability to clearly communicate actual results, forecasted performance and variances to plan.
- Must have demonstrated experience in developing and implementing internal controls and key performance measures (KPIs).
- Must have a good understanding of regulatory filings including Corporation Income Tax Returns, Employer Health Tax, WSIB, and Regulation 105.
- Must have experience mentoring, training and supervising staff and working in a unionized environment.
- Must be able to work effectively with stakeholders and employees from all levels of WDBL.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Must have the ability to assess business and financial planning challenges and develop strategic solutions for implementation.
- You are proficient in spreadsheet, word-processing and financial software to prepare reports and presentations.
- Must have the ability to travel. If method of travel is by vehicle a current valid and lawful Driver’s license is required in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act and must provide a drivers abstract as a condition of employment.
- Ability to work with Transport Canada and associated legislative bodies.
- Should have knowledge of the Canada Labour Code Part II, its regulations and knowledge of the hazards associated with the work.
Note: Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged.