Building Automation and Controls Technician
JOB POSTING #: 2023-0326
POSTING PERIOD: Thursday, August 10, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Wednesday, August 16, 2023 at 4:30 PM
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $35.78 to $42.07 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: Yes
- Reporting to the Senior Manager of Facilities or designate, this position will be responsible to maintain and enhance the corporate facilities building automation systems that control many of the City's heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC) and other miscellaneous low voltage systems, such as: lighting and security at various City buildings.
- These sites include, but are not limited to: City Hall campus, Windsor Justice Facility (WJF), DND, Fire Halls, Transit Windsor, Museum/Art Gallery, Libraries, Windsor International Aquatics & Training Centre (WIATC), Huron Lodge, Recreation Centres, etc.
- Will maintain, service, troubleshoot, program and commission computerized HVAC control equipment through Building Automation Systems (BAS), and other low voltage systems at various City owned facilities, including related hardware and software.
- Develop project scopes and specifications to procure goods and services.
- Program control sequences, develop graphic interfaces, diagnose & correct system problems, modify sequences to improve system performance and energy efficiency.
- Commission control systems which may include Direct Digital Controls (DDC) and Programmable Logical Controllers (PLC).
- Perform maintenance on building automation and low voltage equipment and systems in accordance with current legislative & governing bodies (TSSA, CSA, ASH RAE, OBC, etc.).
- Develop processes and procedures. Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program. Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma plus a three (3) year post secondary diploma from a Community College in Electronics, Mechanical Engineering Technology or Computer Systems Technology or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalencies.
- Must have over five (5) years of work experience in all areas of the position, including: a commercial/institutional and/or industrial maintenance environment with the operation of DDC control systems, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and general repair exposure;
- Must hold and maintain a current valid and lawful Class G Driver's License in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act, for the purposes of operating a City of Windsor vehicle and provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment.
- Given that this job is a new position a Physical Demands analysis will be completed with the incumbent after approximately six (6) months of occupying the position.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.