Coordinator, Social Planning
JOB POSTING #: 2022-0460
POSTING PERIOD: Thursday, March 16, 2023 at 8:30 a.m. to Wednesday, March 29, 2023 at 4:30 p.m.
DEPARTMENT: Human & Health Services
JOB CODE: NU0547
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $81,348.57 to $98,880.32 Annually
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: NO
Reporting to the Manager, Social Policy & Planning or designate, this position will be responsible for assisting with the development and implementation of plans which link City Council’s strategic planning priorities with action plans for implementation within the Human & Health Services (H&HS) portfolio and among community partners throughout the City of Windsor and County of Essex. The Coordinator’s duties will include overseeing the City and the County of Essex’s Social Investment Plan, Pathway to Potential as well as the creation and implementation of work plans for new and existing Human & Health Services initiatives; proposal and grant writing to secure funding for Human & Health Services related programming; consultations with Corporate and community groups to facilitate partnerships to address issues which impact on Human & Health Services and its various customer groups, writing and presenting reports to City Council, writing confidential documents; overseeing or conducting social research and other initiatives which originate within the Corporation but outside of Human & Health Services, as assigned. Will be responsible for Human & Health Services initiatives and will assist with organization of meetings, public speaking with groups of internal and external stakeholders and communicating with all levels of government. The Coordinator will have direct report supervisory responsibilities and functional supervisory responsibilities with short term placements from community organizations as well as providing administrative back up within Human & Health Services, as required. Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program. Will perform other related duties as required
- Must have a University Degree in Social Sciences, Social Work, Human Services, Public/Business Administration or similar related field or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency and a minimum of four (4) years of progressively responsible project management and strategic planning experience;
- OR Must have a Master’s Degree in Social Science, Social Work or similar related field or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency and a minimum of two (2) years of progressively responsible project management and strategic planning experience;
- Must have extensive experience with conducting research, and experience with data collection and analysis for the purposes of assessment and evaluation;
- Must have an understanding of best practices and theoretical and practical knowledge and experience related to public consultation, grant management and community engagement;
- Must have experience in a leadership role as related to strategic planning;
- Must have the experience and ability to manage multiple projects, competing priorities and maintain appropriate confidentiality levels;
- Must have operating knowledge of Microsoft applications such as Excel, Word, Outlook, SharePoint and PowerPoint; Knowledge ArcGIS, Microsoft Power BI, DocuSign and Adobe Acrobat Pro considered an asset;
- Must possess excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills;
- Must have superior analytical skills and knowledge of and experience with, evaluation methods, statistical techniques and planning methodologies;
- Must have proven experience in managing relationships with community partners;
- Must have extensive experience in problem solving and report writing;
- Must demonstrate political acuity and experience in policy development and be able to integrate this skill into the position’s activities;
- Must be able to travel to offsite meetings and events in a timely manner;
- Must be a self-motivated, passionate individual capable of self-management and independent work; and
- A physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a sedentary level of work.
- Will be required to complete and remain current as per the requirements of the Corporation’s Management Certificate Program.
- Progression through the Art of Supervision Program Certificate or a supervisory program of a similar nature is considered an asset.
- Knowledge and experience with key community partners and the role of their organization in H&HS service delivery, notably in areas related to culture, recreation, housing and employment, would be considered an asset;
- Knowledge of Service Agreements would be considered an asset;
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma would be an asset;
- Knowledge of service delivery and operational issues related to H&HS portfolio would be considered an asset;
- Experience in supervision would be considered an asset;
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.