Supervisor, Fleet Maintenance
JOB POSTING: 2024-0059
POSTING PERIOD: Wednesday, February 7, 2024 at 8:30 AM to Tuesday, February 13, 2024 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Transit Windsor
UNION: Transit Windsor Non-Union
JOB CODE: NTW013
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE: $80,548.65 to $97,907.42 Annually
SHIFT WORK REQUIRED: No
Reporting to the Fleet Maintenance Manager, this position will be responsible for assisting in the day-to-day garage operations, supervision of the maintenance staff, and maintenance of all electronic transportation systems. Directly supervises maintenance staff in fleet and service line as well assisting with building operations, in the absence of Facility management staff. Inputs and interprets information from the Fleet Management System. Assists in performing maintenance and repairs to transportation systems, conducting necessary diagnostic tests, consulting schematic drawings or product manuals, and replacing or repairing as required to ensure the integrity of the transportation internal control systems. Signs off on safety inspections. Responsible for safeguarding and proper recording of inventory and required supplies. Performs maintenance on cash office vaults and equipment. Provides training and direction to Transportation staff regarding log-ons and functionality of all transportation systems. Could be required to cover various other maintenance supervisory shifts. May work with a partner to lift/remove a cash box from a bus. Will perform Corporate Health and Safety duties as outlined in the Canada Labour Code Part II. Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalencies and a minimum of three (3) years of experience in related skilled trade.
- Must possess a current 310T Truck and Coach Technician Certificate of Qualification or a 310B Auto Body and Collision Damage Repairer Br. 1 Certificate of Qualification or equivalent.
- Must hold and maintain a current valid and lawful Class DZ driver’s licence in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act, for the purposes of operating a Transit Windsor vehicle and provide authorization to obtain a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment.
- Must have experience in dealing with electronic or computer repairs.
- Must possess a good attendance record, unless otherwise resulting from a disability recognized under the Canada Human Rights Code.
- Must have knowledge of the Canada Labour Code Part II.
- Must be bondable and have proven written and verbal communication skills.
- Should have knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Regulations and knowledge of the hazards associated with the work.
- Progression through the Art of Supervision Program Certificate or a supervisory program of a similar nature is considered an asset.
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a light level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
- We offer a smoke-free office environment.
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.