JOB POSTING: 2023-0147
POSTING PERIOD: Thursday, April 13, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Wednesday, April 19, 2023 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Public Works Operations
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: 543556
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full-Time & Temporary Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 2 RFT; 1 TFT
RATE OF PAY: $24.49 - $28.79 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQUIRED: No
- Under the direction of the Manager of Contracts, Field Services & Maintenance, and the supervision of the Supervisor of Field Services, or designates, and as directed by the Construction Technologists, this position will be responsible to assist in municipal survey, inspection, and laboratory and field testing functions.
- Will plot and manipulate digital files with the aid of AutoCAD software; will assist in the operation of various survey/field testing related equipment.
- Will work in all types of weather during all phases of construction.
- Will enter confined spaces such as sanitary/storm sewers, and access chambers for visual observations.
- Responsible for performing concrete compression tests, granular material tests and record results for review, collect asphalt samples from construction sites and perform physical disconnection of downspouts as per supervisory instruction.
- Will be occasionally required to travel to various construction sites utilizing a City of Windsor vehicle.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency;
- Must have over one (1) year of Construction experience in the areas of inspection, surveying, and/or construction material testing;
- Must hold and maintain a current, valid and lawful Class ‘G’ Driver’s Licence in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act, for the purposes of operating a City of Windsor vehicle and provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment;
- Must become proficient in Confined Space Entry;
- Completion of related courses sponsored by the Ontario Ministry of Skills Development (Total Station Surveying, AutoCAD) will be considered an asset;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a medium level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
- We offer a smoke-free office environment.
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.