CAD Technician II
JOB POSTING: 2023-0118
JOB POSTING PERIOD: Wednesday, March 22, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Tuesday, March 28, 2023 at 4:30 PM
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: 543155
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full-Time
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $29.42 - $34.59 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQUIRED: No
- Reporting to the Drafting Supervisor and the GIS Supervisor, this position will carry out drafting tasks as assigned, primarily the preparation of computer-aided road and sewer construction drawings, composite maps, charts, council drawings, using AutoCAD, AutoCAD Map and Mapguide software.
- Assist in the permanent input to the GIS system, maintenance of the digital sewer atlas, updating construction As-builts, interpret field notes and Total Station survey data from Field Engineering and other related drafting. Track and maintain Private Drain Connection cards, and As-Built information through the use of existing Access databases and Excel spreadsheets.
- Research sewer information requests and aerial photo requests.
- Operate all office related equipment including printers, plotters, scanners, digitizers and large format printer/scanner. Work in a networked, computerized Windows environment.
- Process cash and financial instruments on a daily basis, i.e. reconciling, balancing, checking, signing/issuing receipts.
- Provide functional supervision to other employees or coordinating/supervising the activities of volunteers. Provide technical assistance to customer inquiries as required.
- Maintain amiable relations with co-workers and the public.
- Perform other related office duties as assigned including deliveries.
- May be required to operate a City-owned vehicle to commute to field work locations, perform on-site visits and attend off-site meetings as required.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program. Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have a three (3) year post-secondary school Community College Diploma in Civil or Architectural Technology or related field, or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency;
- Must have over one (1) year of extensive AutoCAD drafting experience (working all day in complex drawings such as, or similar to, road and sewer construction engineering drawings) in a municipal engineering environment and in Windows or Windows NT network environment (file management and data conversion);
- Must hold and maintain a current valid and lawful Class ‘G’ Driver’s Licence in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act, for the purposes of operating a City of Windsor vehicle and provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment;
- Must be familiar with road and sewer construction and land survey terminology;
- Must have proven verbal and written communication skills;
- Should be self motivated, and work with minimal supervision;
- Should be prepared to be trained in the use of new software;
- Should have proven organizational and time management skills;
- Certification as an Engineering Technician or Technologist by O.A.C.E.T.T. or willing to work towards certification will be considered an asset;
- Exposure to GIS concepts and AutoCAD menu/macro customization will be considered an asset;
- Preference will be given to those having successfully completed training in the Microsoft Suite of Products (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint);
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a sedentary-light level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
- We offer a smoke-free office environment.
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.