Administrative Support Accounting
JOB POSTING: 2023-0266
POSTING PERIOD: Wednesday, June 28, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Thursday, July 6, 2023 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Windsor Public Library
UNION: C.U.P.E. 2067
JOB CODE: WPL006
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full-Time
GRADE/CLASS: Group 6
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $21.55 to $26.60 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
- Reporting to the Finance Manager, or designate, the successful applicant will provide administrative support services to the Windsor Public Library, in the areas of payroll and financial record keeping, while maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information
- The incumbent will be responsible for duties in the area of payroll preparation and remittance; maintenance and reporting of financial records; accounts payables and accounts receivables, and General Ledger records
- The incumbent will be responsible for the processing and coordination of purchasing requests; processing of monetary donations; and the compilation of records and returns for Library auditors and government departments
- Will be required to carry or lift boxes or files
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health & Safety Program
- Will perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must have a two (2) year post secondary school community College diploma in Business – Accounting or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency and a minimum of three (3) years experience with payroll procedures, accrual accounting and public finance under current government requirements, utilizing computerized finance systems and software.
- Must have the ability to travel to off site locations in a timely manner as required. If method of travel is by vehicle, a current valid and lawful Driver’s License is required in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act and must provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment.
- Must have excellent customer service and customer relation skills.
- Knowledge and proficiency in the use of WFM, PeopleSoft HRMS/Financials, and AMANDA computerized programs is considered an asset.
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a sedentary level of work
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
- We offer a smoke-free office environment.
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.