Caseworker - Employment Services - Bilingual
JOB POSTING #: 2023-0315
POSTING PERIOD: Friday, August 4, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Friday, August 11, 2023 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Employment & Social Services
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: 543546
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $33.24 to $39.10 per hour.
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
Reporting to a Supervisor, this position will be responsible for the delivery of a wide range of employment services and supports to social assistance recipients or the general public through the Employment Ontario and/or Ontario Works Initiatives, including employment planning, case management and placement into training and employment; Completes applications for various classes of assistance, documenting and verifying information; Makes recommendations as to eligibility or for programming or training; Recommends or issues employment initiatives; Maintains and organizes a caseload to ensure legislative requirements are met and services are provided; Identifies client needs and makes appropriate referrals; Develop and maintain a good rapport with clients, other staff members and the Community. Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program. Will perform other related duties as required.
Note: Please be advised that the initial job placement for this posting will be at the Windsor location. However, applicants are reminded that management reserves and retains its rights to transfer employees and change their work assignment location at any time.
- Must have a three (3) year post-secondary school Degree from a University in Social Sciences, Public Administration, Business Administration, Social Work or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalencies;
- Must have over three (3) years of direct client support experience as it relates to human services planning and/or case management in a Social Services environment with good knowledge of Social Service programs and related legislation;
- Must have the ability to travel to off site locations in a timely and expedient manner as required. If method of travel is by vehicle, a current valid and lawful Driver's Licence is required in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act and must provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment;
- Must be fluently bilingual (French & English);
- Must be a mature person who can demonstrate sensitivity to client needs;
- Must have operating knowledge of computer systems/programs including the Microsoft Suite of Products such as Word and Outlook;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a limited / sedentary level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.