Financial Planning Clerk
JOB POSTING #: 2023-0277
POSTING PERIOD: Wednesday, July 5, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Tuesday, July 11, 2023 at 4:30 PM
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: 543052
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $27.72 - $32.62 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
- Reporting to the Deputy Treasurer, Financial Planning, this position will assist in the collection, presentation and monitoring of data and provide administrative and financial support to the area.
- Assists in preparing and reviewing annual Performance Reporting documents, such as the annual Municipal Benchmarking Network of Canada (MBNC) report and related internal reports.
- Researches and prepares information for use in MBNC/Performance Measurement presentations, orientation and training documents, and reports to Senior Administration, Council and the public.
- This includes preparing spreadsheets, graphical analysis, visual presentation of performance data and the creation of Performance Reporting graphs for use corporate-wide.
- Maintains database information and contact lists, distributes communications, monitors and compiles MBNC and Corporate Key Performance Indicator (KPI) information.
- Utilizes database programs to extract and manipulate pertinent information from various sources, such as the MBNC Data Warehouse and PeopleSoft Financial System.
- Conducts preliminary analysis of corporate-wide MBNC data to ensure consistent formatting, grammar, and calculations; assesses data for completion and reasonableness and will follow up on outstanding items.
- Makes travel arrangements and ensures all corporate business, travel and meeting expense policy requirements are adhered to; processes related travel vouchers, accounts payable invoices and other various payments.
- Coordinates meetings, takes minutes, prepares agendas and distributes appropriate handouts and packages. Is responsible for ensuring all follow-up and action items are addressed.
- Will input journal entries and maintains support documents, prepares uploads for various payments, prepares accounts payable vouchers and accounts receivable invoices as required.
- Communicates with, both verbally and in writing, and provides assistance to all city departments and other external municipal representatives participating in MBNC/Performance Management.
- Maintains and monitors links and postings on the Management Performance Reporting site on Dashboard.
- Prepares, processes and posts monthly financial reports for corporate-wide distribution and use.
- Assists in special projects as assigned.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma plus (2) two years of post-secondary education in Business Administration with a major in Accounting or Finance from a Community College or University, or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalencies;
- Must have over one (1) year of experience in a computerized office environment using the Microsoft Office Suite of Products (such as Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook);
- Must be a responsible, self-directed individual who works well individually and as a member of a team;
- Must have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills;
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Experience in preparing, processing, and presenting statistical information, including the development of graphs, along with experience using financial software packages for the purposes of preparing and processing journal entries, along with accounting balance reconciliation and analysis would be considered an asset;
- Experience using PeopleSoft would be considered an asset;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a light level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment.
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.